Here's some of the other stuff that happened in the wide world of mobile for Monday, July 13th, 2009:
- Samsung has released a new firmware for its i8910HD that enabled AAC audio while recording HD video. The problem? Right now, only Italian firmwares seem to be eligible for the update, which comes through Samsung's PC Studio app. [Via Softpedia]
- Excellent music identification app Shazam is now available on the BlackBerry Storm. And let's be honest, Storm owners need all the entertainment they can get.
- In France, the Samsung S5230 Player One has been re-released in Zadig & Voltaire livery; we've never heard of 'em, but we bet it's a big, important fashion house somewhere. [Via Unwired View]
- NuevaSync recently launched its interesting push email service, which simply uses IMAP IDLE on the back end and Exchange ActiveSync to connect to your device (because as push goes, more devices support EAS than IMAP IDLE). [Via Smartphone Thoughts]
- GSM / CDMA dual-band versions of the HTC Snap and Touch Pro2 have been confirmed for launch on Telus, though dates and pricing haven't been given. [Via Smartphone Thoughts]