We first heard about Anthem getting into the projector game at CES, and now it's all come together. Both the LTX 300 and LTX 500 LCOS beamers feature 1080p resolution, electronic lens shift, and a coupon for half-off your first (cue ominous music) bulb replacement. Deep-pocketed cinephiles who step up to the LTX 500 also get two trigger functions (no need to get up for the screen or that anamorphic lens on a motorized sled), THX mode, and full tweakability on the RGBCMY drives. Seriously, a killer demo is a big factor for this level of gear, and this move lets Anthem dealers demo a soup-to-nuts system -- electronics, screen and beamer can all be demoed and loaded into the shopping cart with one-stop convenience. Don't forget the audio while your out shopping either; we're sure something from Anthem's sister company, Paradigm, should be jaw-droppingly good enough to keep up with your new cinema. Full PR and more pics after the break.
July 29, 2009 – Anthem, the leading manufacturer of high-end electronics for music, home theater and distributed audio systems, announces the availability of two high-performance LCOS projectors, its first offerings in the projector category. The LTX 300 and LTX 500 provide the highest standards in color accuracy, image brightness and clarity.
"The video playback capabilities of the LTX projectors mesh perfectly with the industry-leading A/V processing available on our Anthem Statement D2v and AVM 50v," said Anthem Vice President of Sales and Marketing Jack Shafton. "Our dealers can now offer a high-performance, turnkey video and A/V control solution to their customers."
Anthem's LTX projectors deliver industry-leading contrast ratios, along with 2x high-precision zoom lenses with motorized focus that are digitally driven by three-panel 1920 x 1080p LCOS engines. The result is enhanced color accuracy and bright, clear images. For the utmost in versatility, the LTX projectors offer conveniently placed 1080p HDMI v.1.3 (Deep Color) digital inputs as well as S-video, composite and component Y-Pb-Pr (RCA) video inputs, and RS-232 control for integration with home control and automation systems.
Owners of Anthem LTX projectors will receive white glove customer support through Anthem's Preferred Service Program. Included with each projector is a half-off coupon for a user-installable projector replacement lamp (the typical lamp-life cycle of the bulb is 2,000 hours, or about 1,000 movies). The complementary program also offers next-business-day replacement for defective projector parts for the first six months and access to a special, Anthem projector-only tech support hotline.
Anthem LTX models include:
- 2x High-precision zoom lens with motorized focus and auto dust cover
- Full digitally driven 3-panel 1920 x 1080p LCOS
- Superb gray scale reproduction
- Exceptional rendition of color (LTX 500 interpolates colors individually by R, G, B, C, Y, or M)
- Electronic lens shift
- Ultra-wide True-Fit™ screen mode
- Efficient ultra-low-noise fan
- Dual 1080p HDMI v1.3 (Deep Color) digital inputs
- Two trigger functions (LTX 500 only): Screen or motorized anamorphic lens (optional add-on)
- Backlit remote
- Gamma correction
LTX 500 Specific Features:
- Color Management System (ability to fine tune level and hue of RGBCMY individually)
- THX® Certified with pre-calibrated movie settings optimized for Blu-ray and broadcast
- 12V Trigger
- PC input
- Contrast Ratio: 50,000:1 (LTX 300: 30,000:1)
- Light Output: 900 lumens
- 16 aperture steps for setting color and brightness
Gallery | 7 Photos
Anthem LTX 500 LCOS projector