First up this week -- yes our week starts on Thursday right along with football -- is the very first real football game of the season, and one that is near and dear to a member of our team. On the same night, but way too late for any east coaster, is the first ranked CFB matchup of the season with Oregon vs Boise State -- also happens to be the only tough game on Boise's schedule, gotta love CFB. Now if you want to see if college kickers can kick as high as those in the NFL, you might want to check out BYU vs Sooners which will take place in Cowboys Stadium, home of the biggest HD screen in football. Then of course there is the labor day college football tradition of Miami vs FSU, where all the parties involved hope it won't be a battle of the mediocre, again. The NFL closes out its pre-season on the NFL Network where the Eagles will face the Jets and we'll get our last look at Vick before he finishes his three game regular season suspension. And of course baseball is still on as the Red Sox play the White Sox for what is probably their 20th meeting this season.
- South Carolina Game Cocks at NC State Wolfpack ESPN, Thurs, 7:00 PM
- Oregon Ducks at Boise State Broncos, ESPN, Thurs. 10:15 PM
- BYU Cougars Vs. Oklahoma Sooners, ESPN, Sat. 7:00 PM
- Miami Hurricanes at Florida State Seminoles, ESPN, Mon. 8:00 PM
- Philadelphia Eagles at New York Jets, NFL Network, Thurs. 7:00 PM
- Boston Red Sox at Chicago White Sox, TBS, Sun. 2:00 PM