September 3, 2009 – Paradigm Electronics Inc., an international leader in speaker design and manufacturing, introduces the third version of its flagship Paradigm® Reference Signature Series. Thousands of "no-holds-barred" Paradigm research and engineering hours went into developing the Signature Series v.3 speakers, which are the highest-output, most dynamic high-end loudspeakers ever produced.
Contributing to v.3's 50 percent increase in output are extensive modifications to the bass/midrange drive units. Signature v.3 bass/midrange drivers are fitted with extreme low-density NLC™ (Non-Limiting Corrugated) TPE surrounds, FEA*-optimized and overmolded onto the cone. The state-of-the-art surround material is 10 times more effective than standard thermoplastic elastomers in damping vibrations and resonances and the new corrugated design has increased peak-to-peak cone excursion from 20-mm in earlier versions to a full 30-mm. A new long-stroke split-coil motor system takes advantage of the extreme excursion by doubling the linear portion of the stroke without requiring a larger magnet. The redesigned motor also keeps mass and inductance of the voice coil low for breathtaking midrange clarity.
Bass cones on Signature v.3 speakers were re-engineered for increased stiffness and better equipped for higher output with new NLC™ Santoprene™ surrounds. To support the extended excursion, the motor structure was also redesigned, increasing the linear portion of the stroke through voice coils almost double the original in length. New core parts including a yoke and pole piece were retooled and FEA-optimized and even the magnets were thickened to accommodate double-distance cone travel.
Value-conscious audiophiles will appreciate the option of Paradigm Reference G-PAL™ (gold-plated pure-aluminum) dome tweeters on the compact S1, C1 and ADP1 models, making the Reference Signature experience even more attainable.
A full list of upgrades to Signature v.3 is listed below.
Upgrades to Signature v.3 Bass/Midrange and Bass Drive Units
- Overmolded NLC non-limiting corrugated TPE (Santoprene™ for the bass drivers) surrounds
- Redesigned Nomex™ Spiders
- Redesigned die-cast aluminum heatsink chassis with AVS™ cooling
- Advanced split-coil motor system (bass/midrange drivers)
- Cutting-edge long-stroke motor system (bass drivers)
- Thickened permanent ceramic (hard ferrite) magnets with focused-field geometry
- Retooled magnetic pole piece and metal top plate (bass drivers)
- Metallized high-integrity dust caps (bass/midrange drivers)
- Injection-molded mineral-filled polypropylene bass cones boast a 30% increase in mineral content
The Signature v.3 lineup (prices shown are cherry finish, U.S. FMV):
- S1 G-PAL™ – Two-driver 2-way compact bookshelf, G-PAL (gold-plated, pure-aluminum) domes - $599/ea
- S1 P-Be™ - Two-driver 2-way compact bookshelf, P-Be (pure berrylium) domes - $799/ea
- S2 – Two driver 2-way bookshelf - $1,299/ea
- S6 – Four-driver 3-way floorstanding - $2,599/ea
- S8 – Six-driver 3-way floorstanding - $3,499/ea
- C1 G-PAL™ – Four-driver 3-way center, G-PAL (gold-plated pure-aluminum) domes - $1,099/ea
- C1 P-Be™ - Four-driver 3-way center, P-Be (pure berrylium) domes - $1,299/ea
- C3 – Four-driver 3-way center - $1,999/ea
- C5 – Six-driver 3.5-way center - $3,499/ea
- ADP1 G-PAL™ – Five-driver 3-way surround, G-PAL (gold-plated pure-aluminum) domes - $999/ea
- ADP1 P-Be™ - Five-driver 3-way surround, P-Be (pure berrylium) domes - $1,299/ea
- ADP3 – Five driver 3-way surround - $1,599/ea