Update: iFixit just went live with their teardown as well!
Update 2: The iFixit teardown is complete. While there aren't any 802.11n WiFi or vacant camera-space surprises like those found inside Apple's iPod touch, the Zune HD doesn't need any to pique our interest. What you will find photographed in exquisite detail is the NVIDIA Tegra SoC, SiPORT HD Radio module, Toshiba-sourced flash NAND, a 2.45Wh battery, Wolfson MIcro WM8352 audio subsystem, and Foxconn logo confirming its manufacturing origin. There's also a "for our princess" inscription meant as a tribute to a Zune team member who passed away during development. Check the gallery for a tease or head over to iFixit to get knee-deep in it.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 141
- Type Audio / video player
- Media type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Audio playback time up to 33 hours
- Video playback time up to 8.5 hours
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WMA
- Dimensions 4.08 x 2.07 x 0.35 in
- Weight 2.6 oz
- Discontinued 2011-03-14