i.wakeup Sunrise Clock (MSRP: $129.99; Available: February 2010)
The i.wakeup Sunrise Clock provides a gentle, more soothing way to begin the day. The clock is a dawn simulator, or more specifically a special kind of alarm clock that uses gentle light to help users wake up naturally without the usual disturbing sounds of a blaring alarm. Thirty minutes prior to the desired wake-up time, the i.wakeup Sunrise Clock gradually increases illumination with a 300-lux light to simulate a natural sunrise. Users can enhance their morning ritual with a choice of five different nature sounds or their favorite FM radio station.
Advanced Wireless Appliance Manager (MSRP: $79.99; Available: August/September 2010)
The Advanced Wireless Appliance Manager allows consumers to keep an eye on how much energy their appliances are using, as well as how much it costs to operate them. With this unit, up to eight appliances can be monitored with wireless remote sensors. The main base displays real-time cost, power consumption and carbon emissions for individual appliances. Equipped with a clock and calendar, the base unit is an attractive countertop gadget that helps to manage energy consumption.
Individual Appliance Manager (MSRP: $29.99; Available: August/September 2010)
With the Individual Appliance Manager, users can easily monitor their electricity usage from any appliance in their home. Simply plug the appliance into the Individual Appliance Manager, and track not only electricity use but also the associated costs. A backup power source allows users to unplug the manager from the wall without losing the information they're tracking. A "multi-cost" setting also allows for accurate accounting for "peak pricing" from any given utility. The LCD display shows energy current, line voltage and electricity cost.
OREGON SCIENTIFIC EXPANDS PORTFOLIO WITH NEW PRODUCT CATEGORIES AT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW
Innovations in Wellness, Energy Monitoring, and Sports & Fitness a Key Focus for Company in 2010
Tualatin, OR – January 5, 2010 – Oregon Scientific, a leading designer and worldwide marketer of personal electronics, including weather and timing devices, today announced its 2010 product portfolio, to be unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas (January 7-10). The collection includes electronics from its just-launched Wellness and Energy Monitoring lines, both new categories for the Company.
The Oregon Scientific Wellness line will debut with 10 products specifically designed to relax the mind and body. The Wellness line includes items that will manage stress throughout the entire day - providing comfort morning, noon, and night. Some standout products include:
• i.wakeup Sunrise Clock: This soothing clock is equipped with a dawn simulator that uses gentle light to serve as a natural wake up call, without the disturbing sounds of a blaring alarm. MSRP: $129.99
• 3-D Back Massager: The 3-D Back Massager is portable and features a 3-D shiatsu and heated massage system that simulates the motions of a true human massage. Bring it to the office or keep it at home to unwind after a stressful day. MSRP: $199.99
• Aroma Natural Elite Diffuser: Designed with glass, wood and steel, this soothing diffuser has the perfect combination of natural elements and modern style. The Aroma Natural Elite Diffuser features a relaxing aroma, line-in speakers, and a LED that simulates candlelight - appealing to a variety of senses. MSRP: $99.99
The second new division for Oregon Scientific, its Energy Monitoring and Conservation line, provides consumers with effective tools to monitor usage trends and save energy in the home. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, monitoring electricity can help consumers reduce usage by up to 15 percent, which will translate to lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint. Products include:
• Advanced Wireless Appliance Manager: This innovative appliance manager monitors power consumption, carbon emissions, and real-time costs for up to eight appliances, in addition to long-term trend information. Also, an alarm will alert the user if consumption goals are exceeded. MSRP: $99
• Individual Appliance Manager: Simply plug the device into any outlet and the Individual Appliance Manager will track energy current, line voltage, and corresponding costs for any one electrical appliance. The LCD screen also displays the time, making it a convenient gadget to have in any room in the house. MSRP: $29
Additionally, Oregon Scientific will expand its already-robust Sports and Fitness line with the new T1 Zone Trainer with Hydration Index. Priced at $119.99, this heart rate monitor features the world's first hydration index as well as the Company's exclusive Tap-On Lens Technology, so fitness enthusiasts no longer have to wrestle with buttons while exercising.
For more information about Oregon Scientific, visit www2.oregonscientific.com.