With Worldwide Theatrical Box Office Earnings Approaching the $800 Million Mark,
Tim Burton's Take on the Classic Tales Wins Fans Everywhere
Burbank, Calif., April 16, 2010 – Following a record-breaking theatrical performance,
Tim Burton's epic fantasy adventure ALICE IN WONDERLAND, Disney's 4th biggest film of all
time, takes its booming box-office success into the home with a Disney 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo
Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), 1-Disc Blu-ray and 1-Disc DVD on June 1, 2010, from
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE).
The ALICE IN WONDERLAND Blu-ray DiscTM Combo Pack provides audiences with the
chance to experience a magical and imaginative twist on some of the most beloved stories of
all time in pristine 1080p picture and Dolby Digital 5.1 HD surround sound quality and has
been especially packaged with family and fans in mind – with lots of exciting bonus features
and an extra DVD and Digital Copy of the movie.
The Blu-ray Disc versions of the film include nine bonus features that take viewers deeper into
the famous "Rabbit Hole" - exploring more of the world of Wonderland, its iconic characters
and the making of the film. Features include the making of the Futterwacken Dance, a look
inside the world of the Mad Hatter and Johnny Depp's transformation, Tim Burton's vision for
the movie and its characters, the visual effects of growing and shrinking of Alice, costume
designs, music, stunts and more.
The suggested retail prices for ALICE IN WONDERLAND are as follows: The 3-Disc Blu-ray
Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) is $44.99 (US)/$51.99 (Canada); the 1-Disc Bluray
is $39.99 (US) /$44.99 (Canada); and the Single Disc DVD is $29.99 (US)/$35.99 (Canada).
Alice In Wonderland
Blu-ray™+ DVD Combo Pack – June 1, 2010 Page 2
Tumble down the rabbit hole with Alice for a fantastical new adventure from Walt Disney
Pictures and Tim Burton. Inviting and magical, ALICE IN WONDERLAND is an imaginative
new twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. Alice (Mia Wasikowska), now 19
years old, returns to the whimsical world she first entered as a child and embarks on a journey
to discover her true destiny. Wonderland is a world beyond your imagination and unlike
anything you've seen before. The extraordinary characters you've loved come to life richer and
more colorful than ever. There's the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp), the White Queen (Anne
Hathaway), the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) and
more. A triumphant cinematic experience – ALICE IN WONDERLAND is an incredible feast for
your eyes, ears and heart that will captivate audiences of all sizes.
The film's opening weekend made ALICE IN WONDERLAND the highest-grossing non-sequel
opening weekend in history, the biggest March opening of all time, the biggest 3D opening of all
time and the biggest IMAX opening of all time.
• Finding Alice – It's all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton's vision for the
characters, differences from the book and Disney's version of Alice and how she evolves
as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
• The Mad Hatter – Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad
Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp's early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they
digitally enhanced his eyes.
• Effecting Wonderland – A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used
to create some of the most beloved characters in the film – Stayne, Tweedledee,
Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.
Everything on the DVD plus:
• The Futterwacken Dance – Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance
called the Futterwacken.
• The Red Queen – The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim
Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
• Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen – A short time-lapse piece showing Helena
Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in
just a few short minutes.
• The White Queen – An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland's good
queen, about her character's journey throughout the process of the film.
• Scoring Wonderland – Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for
• Stunts of Wonderland – A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
• Making the Proper Size – An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and
shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the
• Cakes of Wonderland – Take a trip to "Cake Divas" where the creators of the EAT ME
cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the
largest cake in scale.
• Tea Party Props – Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker
gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together