AT&T Announces Availability of New LaptopConnect Device, Ready for Business Customers of All Sizes
HSPA 7.2 Capable Sierra Wireless AirCard(R) 890 Coming to AT&T May 5
DALLAS, April 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AT&T* today announced the newest device in the AT&T LaptopConnect device portfolio, the Sierra Wireless AirCard® 890, will be available to business customers beginning May 5. The unique 2-in-1 form factor supports both PC Card and ExpressCard™ slots while providing customers with durable and flexible options to stay connected on the nation's fastest 3G network. The AirCard 890 will be compatible with AT&T's High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) 7.2 technology.
Whether traveling across town or in the more than 195 countries where AT&T offers data service, the AirCard 890 is a great solution for business customers who need to access email, the internet and business applications from their laptop while on the go. Customers can also enjoy convenient access to AT&T's more than 20,000 U.S. Wi-Fi hotspots (with qualified DataConnect plan and Wi-Fi enabled laptop).
"The Sierra Wireless AirCard 890 offers our first 2-in-1 form factor, with both PC Card and ExpressCard slot compatibility," said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "In addition to enhancing our portfolio of HSPA 7.2 devices, the AirCard 890 provides a flexible and convenient solution for business customers to access email and business applications while on the go."
Additionally, the device offers built-in GPS functionality, enabling location based services, making it easier than ever for customers to get to their desired destination, or providing benefits to companies with a mobile workforce. Through AT&T's mobile applications such as TeleNav Track LITE™ and Xora GPS Locator from AT&T, enterprise customers can add tracking and location awareness of employees, a benefit for companies looking to improving efficiency, such as response time by easily locating the closest worker to a service call.
"For more than 12 years, mobile professionals have relied on Sierra Wireless AirCard products for fast, convenient access to online information and applications," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, North American Carrier and Distribution Sales for Sierra Wireless (TSX: SW – SWIR). "The Sierra Wireless AirCard 890 2-in-1 device offers a low profile, durable design that allows it to be safely stored in the laptop for a quick connection between flights or in the back of a taxi. Features like GPS, VPN support, and automatic reconnection capability make it an invaluable tool for busy professionals. We are pleased to extend our longstanding collaboration with AT&T and to provide the AirCard 890 exclusively to AT&T customers."
The AirCard 890 ships with AT&T's Global Network Client (AGNC), which provides business customers integrated and highly secure connectivity with AT&T VPN Services. AGNC offers a single connection client that makes standardization easier and enables access to corporate networks, including mobile data networks, Wi-Fi and broadband.
Beginning May 5, Sierra Wireless AirCard 890 will be available online and through AT&T business channels nationwide for $49.99 after mail-in rebate and a new two-year DataConnect contract of at least $35 a month (pay $149.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $100 AT&T Promotion Card. Two-year agreement and DataConnect plan required).
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com.
(1) AT&T imposes: a Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge of up to $1.25 to help defray costs incurred in complying with obligations and charges imposed by State and Federal telecom regulations; State and Federal Universal Service charges; and surcharges for government assessments on AT&T. These fees are not taxes or government-required charges.
(2) Nation's largest Wi-fi network based on non-municipal company and owned and operated hotspots and an 802.11 b/g enabled device. AT&T Hot Spots require a DataConnect plan of at least $35 per month and a Wi-Fi enabled laptop.
(3) Coverage not available in all areas. Other terms and conditions apply.
(4) AT&T Promotion Card: Price before AT&T Promotion Card & with 2-year contract is $149.99. Allow 60 days for fulfillment. Card may be used only in the U.S. is valid for 120 days after issuance date but is not redeemable for cash & cannot be used for cash withdrawal at ATMs or automated gasoline pumps. Card request must be postmarked by May 15, 2010 & you must be a customer for 30 consecutive days to receive card.
(5) Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T's owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by mrk & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; thereafter up to $175. Some agents impose add'l fees. Offnet Usage: If your mins of data use on other carrier's networks ("offnet usage") during any month exceeds your offnet usage allowance, AT&T may at its option terminate your svc, deny your contd use of other carriers' coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for offnet usage. Your data offnet usage allowance is the lesser of 24 MB or 20% of the KB incl'd with your plan). DataConnect Plan is not unlimited and substantial charges may be incurred if included allowance is exceeded.
(6) Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.