T-Mobile slide deck chats up myTouch 3G Slide's June 2 launch
- The carrier's Florida region has sold the most myTouch devices to date (47,262), but when you take a look at individual markets, Kansas City East has pushed the most with 6,911.
- The Slide is being billed as the "first phone truly designed for Family customers."
- As with the original myTouch 3G, T-Mobile will be aggressively pushing a full suite of branded and customized accessories for the Slide. In fact, it's asking reps to shoot for three or more accessories sold "out the door" with every phone.
- You'll see a ton of Slide advertising, both in-store and out on the town. A ton of it.
- 4,000 T-Mobile employees are being designated as myTouch "Champions," including 2,200 in retail stores. These folks will know everything about the phone and work to "foster myTouch fanatics." Careful what you wish for, guys!
- Long-lead press (meaning print magazines, primarily) have been clued in to the phone since way back in March. Lucky devils.
- The official launch is June 2, but it's a rolling launch -- there won't be demo devices in the field until the 7th, for instance, and the ad campaign doesn't kick off until the 16th.
- June 19 is designated in all caps: "STAY TUNED -- THIS WILL BE BIG." We don't know what this is all about; an upgrade to Android 2.2, perhaps? Yet another new myTouch model?
- Overall, T-Mobile's looking for 8 percent of its sold devices (its "handset mix") to be myTouch 3G Slides. Seems reasonable.