AT&T and Pantech Succeed in Their "Pursuit" for the Perfect Quick Messaging Phone
New Handset Combines Full Touch Screen, Sliding Keyboard and Original Features in Time for Summer
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pantech Wireless, Inc., – the U.S.-based subsidiary of Pantech Group, one of Korea's largest mobile phone manufacturers – announced today that "Pursuit," the company's first touch screen handset that also features a sliding keyboard, will add a splash of color to AT&T's summer line of Quick Messaging Phones (QMP). Available in stores and online, the lime or blue Pursuit also incorporates a unique assortment of original apps including Drawing Commander, Face Tag and Graffiti.
"Pursuit combines the best of both worlds"
From Pursuit's touch screen menu users can surf the web, update a status, send messages, listen to music, watch video clips, and even get directions to the next party without ever having to slide open the phone. A full keyboard slides down from behind the large touch screen, giving users quick access to a variety of popular messaging options and an easier way to type.
Managing a busy social life this summer has never been easier with features including:
* Full Touch Screen – The big 2.8' display and colorful touch screen gives users access to the options they use most, such as camera, social media accounts, music and video library, messaging and more.
* Full Keyboard – A full keyboard slides out horizontally, making it easier to type and send out texts, emails, picture mail, video messages, voice notes and IMs.
* Cool Device Colors – Stand out from the crowd and make a statement in lime or blue.
* Unique, Fun Features – Drawing Commander dials contacts and activates apps with the trace of a finger on the touch screen; Graffiti allows drawing on images by simply touching the screen; Face Tag adds contacts directly from camera phone pictures.
* Multitask – Launch another feature while on the phone with the multitasking key to browse the web or send and receive messages while on a call.
* Staying Connected @ 3G Speed – Stay on top of your world with AT&T Social Net. Zip around the Web, peek at friends' newsfeeds, or catch up on favorite blogs, all at the speed of 3G.
"Pursuit combines the best of both worlds," said Dave Ronis, CMO of Pantech Wireless. "AT&T's quick messaging customers can now have all of the fun that comes with a touch screen and also the ease of a full keyboard. Moving into the summer months, Pursuit is the perfect phone for the perfect season."
The Pantech Pursuit is available at AT&T retail stores nationwide and online at www.wireless.att.com for $49.99; pay $99.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion card. Two-year service agreement and minimum $20 per month messaging plan or combination of messaging and data plans required.
For more information about Pantech and its products, please visit www.pantechusa.com, or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/pantechUSA or Facebook www.facebook.pantechusa.com.
3G coverage not available in all areas.
Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.
AT&T Promotion Card: Allow 60 days for fulfillment. Card may be used only in the U.S. is valid for 120 days after issuance date but is not redeemable for cash & cannot be used for cash withdrawal at ATMs or automated gasoline pumps. Card request must be postmarked by July 20, 2010 & you must be a customer for 30 consecutive days to receive card.
About Pantech Wireless, Inc.
Pantech Wireless, Inc., an Atlanta, GA based subsidiary of Pantech Co., Ltd., researches, markets and develops wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America as part of the Pantech Group. For additional information, visit the PWI website at www.pantechusa.com.
Pantech Group, through its affiliates – Pantech Co., Ltd., and Pantech C&I Co. – is one of Korea's top three mobile handset makers. Pantech has received wide-ranging industry recognition for its innovative handset designs, and has also introduced a significant number of breakthrough technologies in the mobile phone industry. Established in 1991, Pantech collectively has approximately 2,500 employees and 8 regional sales offices worldwide. For more information on Pantech, please visit www.pantech.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6319130