Innovative Module Brings Interactivity to Existing Projectors for Use on Virtually Any Surface
DENVER (ISTE, Booth 1846) – June 28, 2010 – Epson America today announced its first solution for bringing interactivity to any projector– the IU-01 interactive module. This innovative, cost-effective classroom tool connects directly to a Windows or Mac computer via USB and provides an easy solution for integrating interactive capabilities with any new or existing projector while eliminating the need to purchase and install dedicated interactive whiteboards (IWB).
To maximize classroom space, the IU-01 can be used on any existing whiteboard, wall or other smooth, light-colored, hard surface. It provides up to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) and 102-inches diagonal (XGA) of useable interactive area, and delivers educators with virtually unlimited classroom flexibility. The module comes with two interactive pens, wall mount hardware for easy installation, and TeamBoard Draw annotation software to create, capture and share lessons.
"Interactivity is a must-have in today's 21st century classroom; however, interactive whiteboard costs can be prohibitive." said Sara Kim, associate product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. "With the IU-01, school administrators can easily and affordably turn any new or existing projector into an interactive projector, helping to equip more classrooms with interactivity than would otherwise be possible with the same school funds."
More about the IU-01 Interactive Module
This new interactive module offers many great features to make it easy to use in any classroom, including:
* Big & Flexible Interactive Area: Allows teachers to select the size to match the available space, providing an active area up to 96-inches diagonal (WXGA) and 102-inches diagonal (XGA)
* Practical: Maximizes the value of classroom real estate by projecting on pre-installed standard whiteboards or plain walls
* Affordable: Works with existing or new projectors, eliminating the need for a dedicated interactive whiteboard
* Easy Installation: Mounts to a wall in a few simple steps and includes both single and double stud wall plates to accommodate building requirements
* Interactive Tools: Includes TeamBoard Draw annotation software to create, capture, and share lessons, two interactive pens with rechargeable batteries and charger, and optional RM Easiteach curriculum software
In addition, Epson offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for Epson products.
Availability and Support
The Epson IU-01 Interactive Module will be available in October 2010 for $599* through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. The module comes with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service product replacement program that includes product exchange in two business days. For additional information, visit www.epson.com.