Want to apply? Read on.
Here's what you need to send to apply:
- Three sample posts written in the Engadget style.
- "The Engadget style" doesn't mean a generic-sounding blog voice -- think about how your own writing style and voice can shine through while still fitting Engadget.
- These sample posts can be about whatever you want, but they should seem like they could have been written by one of our writers (but without all the typos and gross inaccuracies).
- We won't be using these on the site, we just want to get a sense of how well you can do this stuff.
- Your favorite related gadgets (and why) of all time.
- Give us a few words about how you think Engadget differs from other technology pubs out there.
- A few words about yourself. (Please note, due to legalities we can't hire minors.)
- Your contact info.
- How much time per week you can commit to blogging. If it's less than thirty hours a week then you probably shouldn't bother. Be realistic, okay?
- Any other questions you may have about the gig.
- Don't just send us stuff you wrote elsewhere, we're not asking for clips.
- Don't send attachments or resumes.
We also apologize, but the sheer volume of applications makes it difficult to respond to everyone. If we're interested we'll get in touch, and thanks in advance!
Please remember: You must live either in San Francisco or a short (very short) drive away. When we need writers in other places, we'll put out another call!
To apply to Engadget, please send us an email at jobsATengadgetDOTcom