N97 one time too many. Better hope Nokia can take that MeeGo for handsets pre-alpha we saw yesterday and whip it into something good, we suppose. You should really hit the source link and read the entire post on Symbian-Guru, but we've collected some choice quotes after the break.
- "I've tried to use all of Nokia's various products and services to the best of my ability, and I just can't do it anymore."
- "I can't continue to support a manufacturer who puts out such craptastic 'flagships' as the N97, and who expects me to use services that even most of Nokia's own employees don't use."
- "After this experience with the Nokia N97, there's simply no way I trust them to not screw up with the N8 – not enough for me to fork over $500 of my own money, at least."
- "Like Android, Symbian Foundation prides itself on being open and free – loudly and oftentimes obnoxiously boasting about how its source code is free for all – despite no one really caring about this, at least in my circle."
- "Both Symbian and Nokia are dying brands in the U.S., if not already dead, and I'm sick and tired of banging the gong alone."
- "Of course I'll still keep my eye on Nokia. If they can put out 2 flagship devices in a row that don't completely suck, I may even give them another chance. I won't hold my breath."
- "To Nokia, you guys are losing. Hard. Wake the hell up. Doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting different results is the definition of insanity."
- "I sincerely hope that the upper brass at Nokia starts listening to the folks who are putting in extra time and effort – these folks know what's going on, and like I did originally, simply want to see Nokia succeed."
- "I swear I could get a VISA, buy an airplane ticket, travel to Texas and talk to Ricky in person before Nokia Messaging for IM loads and opens a conversation with him on my N97 Mini."
- "But honestly, how can you blame outside developers when Nokia themselves can't seem to pull through a decent application?"
- "What good does it do me, as a user, if you have 40 or 50 or 60 % marketshare when you fail to gain any developer traction?"
- "Where are the games that make me pop my eyes in awe? The N8 will get Angry Birds. Big whoop. It took me all of 2 days to finish all levels of Angry Birds on my iPod Touch and you know what? When I was done, I moved on to the next game. Could I say the same about the N8?"
- "I can't evangelize a platform when I'm no longer 100% convinced myself: that would be hypocrisy and I'm not a hypocrite."
- " It had to be done and although it was hard at first, I've now come to terms with the decision."