AmpliTube iRig adapter is shipping, enabling iPod touch, iPad and iPhone users to jack their guitar or bass directly into their iDevice and access all sorts of effects. From there, users can pipe the audio to a pair of headphones or a guitar amp, theoretically allowing your handheld to supplant your mess of pedals. We're also told that the iRig can be used with line level signal sources such as synthesizers, keyboards or mixing consoles, so there's that. It's available as we speak for $39.99 (or €29.99 overseas), and users can expect an iPad-specific version of the AmpliTube app to be released in the near future.
IK Multimedia AmpliTube® iRig™ Now Shipping
New iRig adapter and AmpliTube app turn iPhone, iPod and iPad into the ultimate portable guitar & bass multi-fx
July 2010 – Modena, Italy - IK Multimedia is pleased to announce that the iRig™ guitar and bass interface adapter for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad is now shipping worldwide. The new iRig interface allows guitar and bass players to plug their instruments directly into the headphone/microphone input jack on their mobile Apple device and access the new world of mobile guitar and bass tone – AmpliTube for iPhone.
- ¼" jack mono instruments input with Hi-Z impedance adapter - suitable for guitars, bass, synthesizers, mixing consoles
- 1/8" mini-jack stereo output can be connected to headphones, amplifiers, powered speakers
- Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd generation, iPad
- Ultra-low latency (down to 128 samples) for real time playing with AmpliTube
- Feedback cancellation and noise filter available in AmpliTube
- Works also with any other apps like tuners, recorders, etc...
iRig + AmpliTube for iPhone - Your Guitar Tone On Your iPhone
Combined with the AmpliTube for iPhone app range (FREE, LE and FULL versions already available on the iTunes app store) the iRig interface adapter allows everyone to plug their instrument into their iOS mobile device and play anywhere with real effects and amplifier tones, just like a traditional guitar or bass stage rig!
In the app, your signal chain can consist of up to 3 simultaneous stompbox effects plus amplifier, cabinet and microphone, all reconfigurable with the touch of a finger. Choose from 11 stompbox effects (including fuzz, distortion, overdrive, delay, wah, envelope filter, chorus, flanger, noise filter, phaser and octave) 5 amps (clean, crunch, lead overdrive, modern hi-gain and bass), 5 cabinets and 2 microphones to create your custom portable rig.
Additional Tuner, Metronome and Backing-Track player with loop-points allow for play and practice anytime, anywhere.
The iRig is the ideal companion not only to the AmpliTube mobile app range, but also works with any other recording, processing or tuning app.
Plus, you can also use the iRig with line level signal sources such as synthesizers, keyboards or mixing consoles.
Pricing and availability
AmpliTube iRig - Retails for $39.99/€29.99 MSRP (exc. VAT) and is now available for shipping from the IK online store, as well as from all select IK retailers and distributors worldwide.
AmpliTube for iPhone app is available in 3 versions from the iTunes app store: FREE, LE and FULL.
- AmpliTube Free: Includes 3 stompboxes, 1 amp + cabinet, 2 microphones
- AmpliTube LE: Includes 5 stompboxes, 1 amplifier + cabinet, 2 microphones for $2.99/€2.39. (More gear through in-app purchase for as low as $2.99/€2.39)
- AmpliTube FULL: Includes the entire collection of available gear with 11 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets and 2 microphones for $19.99/€15.99
A dedicated iPad version of AmpliTube app is also expected to be available soon. For more information: http://www.amplitube.com/irig