[Original image courtesy of Ryan Pierse/Getty Images]
BlueAnt Wireless Announces Availability of BlueAnt Q2 With Next-Generation Voice Control & Text-to-Speech Technology
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 28 /PRNewswire/ -- BlueAnt Wireless, a leading innovator of Bluetooth peripheral devices, today introduced the BlueAnt Q2 Smart Bluetooth Headset, this next-generation product raises the bar in design, features and sound quality. The Q2 receive audio has been professionally sculpted to deliver the best sound performance ever heard on a Bluetooth headset.
The Q2 builds upon the breakthrough voice control technology debuted on BlueAnt's award-winning Q1 headset with the addition of the first fully integrated text-to-speech feature, Wind Armour Technology™, the highest performance audio on the market and seamless integration with Microsoft Bing™ 411 for instant access to news, weather, sports and more.
BlueAnt Q2 has expanded the comprehensive voice command set that enables mobile users to easily pair, configure and control their device as well as make and receive calls. When the phone rings, users simply say "Answer" or "Ignore." Making calls is equally simple, users only have to say "Phone Commands" to activate their phone's voice-dialing features. With Q2, mobile users now can take advantage of the "caller name announce" feature that reads the name of incoming callers from a database of up to 2,000 mobile phone contacts, which are transferred automatically when the phone and headset are paired.
Industry-Leading Noise Reduction and Call Clarity
Additionally, BlueAnt has taken noise reduction to the next level with the introduction of Wind Armour Technology™. Based on years of research into wind noise performance, this unique solution combines patent-pending design features with BlueAnt's advanced noise cancellation software to provide wind noise reduction at up to 22 miles per hour, which is twice the industry average. Dual microphones that utilize BlueAnt's Voice Isolation Technology, as well as a precision-tuned 10mm speaker enable the Q2 to deliver unsurpassed call clarity and rich booming audio.
"The BlueAnt Q2 is the ideal companion for today's smartphones with unparalleled features, design and sound quality," says David Hogan, CEO of BlueAnt Wireless. "BlueAnt has been gaining strong global momentum with our award-winning products and now we are poised for even greater growth. With the BlueAnt Q2 Smart Bluetooth headset, 'hearing is believing,' as it's clear we have delivered the most functional, comfortable, best sounding and easiest-to-use Bluetooth headset on the market."
Hands-Free Gateway to the World
The BlueAnt Q2 provides seamless access to stock quotes, movie times, weather, sports, news and traffic updates through tight integration with Microsoft's Bing 411 service. Additionally, the Q2 supports a free, downloadable Android™ application, which enables any Android 2.0+ handset to play text messages through the Q2 headset. BlueAnt also has partnered with Vlingo to ensure compatibility with its SafeReader application for hearing both text and email messages on BlackBerry® smartphones and Android 2.0+ devices equipped with a Q2 headset.
Other advanced capabilities on the BlueAnt Q2 headset include A2DP audio streaming for listening to music, podcasts and turn-by-turn directions from a GPS navigation application while multipoint functionality lets mobile users connect and conduct calls on two mobile phones simultaneously. The Q2 utilizes BlueAnt's Simply Connect technology, which talks users through the setup and pairing process without reading the manual.
Pricing and Availability
The BlueAnt Q2 is available at AT&T stores throughout the United States for an MSRP of $129. More information on the Q2 and other BlueAnt hands-free products and accessories can be found at www.blueantwireless.com.
BlueAnt Q2 Feature Summary:
* Voice control, voice dial and voice answer capabilities;
* Unsurpassed call clarity and rich booming audio;
* Professionally sculpted audio with advanced EQ
* New "caller name announce" text-to-speech supports up to 2,000 phonebook entries;
* Wind Armour Technology delivers industry-best wind noise reduction at up to 22 mph;
* BlueAnt Voice Isolation Technology enhances voice input and echo cancellation for superior sound quality;
* Optimized for Bing to hear movie times, stock quotes, weather and more on the go;
* Hear incoming text messages automatically with free-downloadable Android application;
* Vlingo SafeReader application enables BlackBerry and Android users to hear incoming text messages;
* Multipoint feature connects to two phones at the same time and answers whichever one rings while letting users switch between calls on both phones;
* A2DP streaming for playback of music, podcasts and turn-by-turn direction information from a phone-based GPS application;
* Sophisticated design with intuitive voice controls;
* Simply Connect technology and embedded audio guides talk through setup and pairing;
* Full-duplex, high-volume speaker for a booming, rich sound;
* Free firmware upgrades for future-proof investment are available online;
* Hardware on/off switch; and
* Up to five hours talk time; 100 hours standby.
About BlueAnt Wireless
BlueAnt Wireless is a global technology company that provides the most innovative Bluetooth peripheral devices and accessories on the market. The company's product portfolio includes hands-free, stereo audio streaming and wireless communications products with cutting-edge technology, design and features. BlueAnt's products have been recognized for advancements in hands-free communications by receiving numerous prestigious industry awards. The company is based in Melbourne, Aus., with U.S. headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif., and offices in Chicago and London. For more information, please visit www.blueantwireless.com.
The Q2 incorporates the BlueGenie™ Voice Interface software from Sensory, Inc. BlueGenie is a trademark of Sensory, Inc.
Bing is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The Trademark BlackBerry® is owned by Research In Motion Limited and is registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries. BlueAnt Wireless is not endorsed, sponsored, affiliated with or otherwise authorized by Research In Motion Limited.