[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]
Update: Android Police is reporting Sprint's official line which is that there are "no plans" for a pre-order today; for what it's worth, we're including the full text of the internal email that's been circulating after the break. Interestingly, we've also received a tip of a Sprint customer care email response echoing the same date, suggesting that they'd received the same communication at some point. Whether the pre-order was canceled or delayed at some point in the last 24 hours, we're not sure.
Reserve Now allows customers to reserve a Samsung Epic™ 4G a Galaxy S™ phone for pick up at participating company owned retail stores on launch day.
Effective Date: 8/5/10 - 8/17/10 or until inventory runs out
· Reserve Now functionality opens to Sprint Premier customers beginning 8/5/10 and opens to all other customers beginning 8/6/10.
· Sprint Premier customers will receive an e-mail on 8/5/10 with a direct link to begin the reservation process.
· The general public will receive an e-mail on 8/6/10 with Reserve Now pre-registration site updates, store locator and sprint.com/shop information.
· The Samsung Epic is not available to Employee or SWAC customers at the time of launch.
· Reservations are made through sprint.com/epic4G.
· Customers can only reserve one Samsung Epic 4G phone per reservation.
· No money or credit card information is required.
· Reserve Now closes on 8/17/10.
· Note: Reserve Now will close early if inventory runs out.
· Reserve Now orders not picked up by noon the day after launch are canceled.
· Use Reserve Now for Samsung Epic to help customers reserve their Samsung Epic 4G phone.