Tokyo, November 10, 2010 - NEC Corporation (NEC; TSE: 6701) announced today the launch of a new cloud communicator, "LifeTouch," in support of corporate client services through cloud computing. The new product starts shipping at the end of this month.
The new cloud communicator, "LifeTouch," is a tablet terminal featuring a 7-inch LCD and an open platform, Android(TM) operating system. It is positioned between a PC and mobile phone, featuring many of the characteristic abilities and mobility of both.
Due to recent corporate demand to reduce IT investment expenses and total cost of operations (TCO), both the interest in cloud computing and its actual use have steadily increased. The "LifeTouch" cloud communicator enables corporate customers to generate new revenues through customer services and to improve the efficiency of business operations through an optimized user interface. NEC provides customization and development of device and software elements in response to the content and business needs of corporate customers. NEC also provides a development environment for software vendors in order to enhance application software.
In addition to this new terminal, NEC will continue to provide its cloud service platforms that enable total service support for corporate customers.
The concept and main features of "LifeTouch" are as follows:
User friendly new terminal that everyone can use
* Easy operation
* High presentation ability and mobility
* Service and function expandability
1. Design and interface for a wide range of users
* Soft and easy to carry form (Thin design, weighs approximately 370 grams)
* 7-inch touch panel and easily operated screen
* Easily operated four direction button
* Pen operable
* Full SD card
* Easy access to wireless LAN software (Rakuraku Musen Start)
2. Supporting service development for corporate customers
* Customized services for corporate customers (*)
* Support for developing original application software
* Total support from terminals to service platform
3. Expected use
* Electronic books, home services, e-shop, entertainment, etc.
* Sales promotions within stores, mobile sales activities, self-ordering, logistics related work, etc.
NEC anticipates the arrival of new market needs that these middle domain terminals will be ideally suited for. Looking forward, NEC aims to enhance its line-up of "LifeTouch" in support of these growing cloud computing needs.
"LifeTouch" will be exhibited at the "C&C User Forum & iEXPO 2010" in Tokyo between November 11 and 12.
NEC LT-W Cloud Communicator