Cruiser? Why, a Cruiser2! A year after unveiling the original, Jabra is using CES to launch its first revision of the aforementioned in-car speakerphone. This guy packs Bluetooth 2.1, dual microphones, an internal speaker and a built-in FM transmitter that beams tunes and talk to your car stereo. You'll also be greeted with voice guidance in nine different languages, and the internal battery will last through a solid 14 hours of yapping (or 13 days in standby). Moving on, the Chill corded headset and USB-powered Speak410 PC speakerphone are also debuting here in Vegas, with prices on those set at $29.99 and who-knows, respectively. Get the whole skinny just after the break.
Gallery | 5 Photos
Jabra Cruiser2, Speak410 and other CES 2011 launches
JABRA EXTENDS LEADERSHIP IN HANDS-FREE COMMUNICATIONS WITH EXPANSION OF IN-CAR SPEAKERPHONE PORTFOLIO
Launches Jabra CRUISER2, Easy-to-Use In-Car Speakerphone
Featuring Industry-Leading Audio Quality
Las Vegas, NV – January 6, 2010– Jabra, a world leader in developing innovative hands-free solutions that are both easy-to-use and intuitive, today announced a new offering that extends the Company's leadership position in the in-car speakerphone market. From low priced offerings to feature-rich high end products, Jabra's award winning line of in-car speakerphones include products that fit the needs of all different types of users and allow drivers to keep both hands on the wheel and comply with hands-free driving regulations. The Jabra CRUISER2, the next generation of the critically acclaimed CRUISER in-car speakerphone, builds on Jabra's extensive experience developing easy-to-use products that enhance users' everyday lifestyle. The CRUISER2 is being shown for the first time at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week and will be available soon at select retailers around the country.
"The speakerphone category is a big focus for us and, as the market continues to grow year in and year out, more retailers and consumers become aware of it and realize the benefits of using a device," said Jonas Forsberg, General Manager North America, Mobile Division, GN Netcom, Inc. "We have conducted extensive consumer research to find out what features consumers care most about and the resounding results point to superior audio quality and ease of use, and that is exactly what are providing with the CRUISER2."
With the launch of the CRUISER2, Jabra is looking to provide a "no excuses" approach to hands-free driving in an effort to change consumer behavior. The CRUISER2 in-car speakerphone is compatible with a wide variety of third-party apps that allow users to listen to music or hear incoming text messages and emails, making communicating on the road safer and easier. The CRUISER2 has several features that make it easy-to-use and set it apart from other speakerphones including Caller ID – the speakerphone 'talks' to the user, telling you who is calling, exactly how you have the caller programmed into your mobile phone (for example, "Mom calling" or "Martin Work calling") - and Voice Announcements that provide audio guidance when setting-up the device and to clearly announce connectivity status and low battery levels.
In addition, the CRUISER2 features Noise Blackout™ technology that reduces ambient sound without compromising voice quality, the Jabra CRUISER2 features strategically placed microphones that are able to distinguish between background noise and the caller's voice, ensuring optimized audio without distracting noise from other passengers or outside traffic. With enhanced Multiuse™ technology that allows users to connect two devices - mobile phones, smartphones and MP3 players - to the in-car speakerphone at the same time allowing for two "active" connections as well as the ability to transmit and play MP3s from a mobile device to the car's stereo system via the speakerphone.
Key Specifications of the Jabra CRUISER2 in-car speakerphone include:
• Bluetooth 2.1Technology, including EDR and eSCO
• Great sound with dual microphones and a powerful speaker
• Easily connects to car radios via the FM transmitter to transmit music and calls to the car speakers
• Quickly and easily downloads a phonebook to tell you who is calling
• Large, easy to access volume controls, including a dedicated mute button
• Auto-pairing accompanied by audible pairing instructions for no-nonsense set-up
• Features answer/end, redial and voice dialing*
• Voice Guidance in 9 different languages**
• 2 Chargers are included – a micro USB cable for charging via a PC and a universal car charger that fits into the car lighter
• Talk time - up to 14 hours - and up to 13 days of standby time
For more information on Jabra's line of in-car speakerphones and other mobile products, visit http://www.buyjabra.com/US or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/jabra_us. The Jabra CRUISER2 will be available soon at select retailers around the country.
JABRA EXPANDS PORTFOLIO OF SKYPE-CERTIFIED OFFERINGS
WITH NEW PRODUCTS OPTIMIZED FOR VoIP COMMUNICATION
New Plug-and-Play Devices Offer Great Sound & Noise Cancellation;
Allow for Truly Hands-Free VoIP Communication
With Colleagues, Family and Friends
LAS VEGAS, NV – January 6, 2010 –Jabra, a world leader in developing innovative hands-free solutions, today announced the expansion of its portfolio of Skype-certified products designed to offer a handsfree VoIP solution for all of life's situations – from the dorm room to the board room. Three new products join the Jabra EXTREME – FOR PC, which launched in October 2010, to offer a complete suite of products that enable multi-tasking through a simple plug & play installation process. The introduction of these new products gives Jabra a wide portfolio of VoIP-specific products on the market, providing consumers with access to a Skype-certified headset or speakerphone for their mobile lifestyle. The new portfolio of products will be shown for the first time at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week.
The rapid growth of the VoIP calling industry – Skype, alone, has more than 560 million registered users worldwide – has fueled demand for better headset and speakerphone solutions with top-of-the-line sound quality and features. Jabra is stepping up to the challenge, putting a heavy emphasis on its line of VoIP-optimized products as communication trends indicate that consumers are turning to laptops, mobile devices, tablets and PCs to make more and more of their calls.
The Jabra EXTREME – FOR PC and Jabra EASYGO – FOR PC come with a pre-paired USB adapter that automatically connect to a PC and Skype software for the simplest plug and play experience to date. These multiuse products can take both Internet and mobile phone calls seamlessly and clearly. Two corded offerings, the Jabra CHILL – FOR PC and Jabra SPEAK 410 – FOR PC, ensure that Jabra has a VoIP-solution for everyone. All of Jabra's Skype-certified products provide crystal-clear sound quality so that even long-distance callers sound as though they're in the same room.
The new portfolio of products includes:
Jabra EXTREME – FOR PC
• The first product released from this VoIP-optimized suite makes poor quality calls a distant memory and can simultaneously be paired to both your PC and your mobile phone. Designed for the true road-warrior who refuses to sacrifice on sound quality, the headset has been described by a Skype test engineer as "the best sounding/performing Bluetooth headset my team has put through our test laboratories." (Best Buy, MSRP: $99.99)
Jabra EASYGO – FOR PC
• Offers great value for the money and provides the perfect hands-free solution for a student studying abroad that plans on using Skype to keep in touch with family and friends or a recent grad who is entering the workforce in a new city or country. The EASYGO – FOR PC is a lightweight, stylish headset that can handle all of the needs of an entry-level Bluetooth user. The EASYGO – FOR PC can simultaneously be paired to both your PC and your mobile phone. (MSRP: $59.99)
Jabra CHILL – FOR PC
• This corded option is perfect for those who are not quite ready to go completely wireless. Compatible with both mobile phones and VoIP calls, the CHILL – FOR PC comes equipped with a high-quality microphone and music control function, leaving all other corded headphones in the dust. (MSRP: $29.99)
Jabra SPEAK410 – FOR PC
• This USB-powered speakerphone brings the convenience of instant speakerphone calls anywhere using Skype. The SPEAK410 – FOR PC is a plug & play voice-conferencing solution that requires no additional set-up and comes with a mobile carrying case, allowing users to set up a mobile conference room in a matter of seconds. The product also features music playback capabilities so users can enjoy their favorite tunes while waiting for a VoIP conference call to begin. (Launching in Q2 2011)
For more information on Jabra's suite of Skype-certified VoIP products visit BuyJabra.com/US, http://shop.skype.com/headsets/ or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/jabra_us.