TI releases industry's first Qi certified development tools and chipset for wireless power
Intelligent, easy-to-use kit reduces development time of wireless power solutions
DALLAS, Jan. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the industry's first Qi certified wireless power development kit, which enables design engineers to speed the integration of wireless power technology in consumer electronics, such as digital cameras, smartphones, MP3 players and global positioning systems, along with infrastructure applications such as furniture and cars. The bqTELSA™ development kit includes a single-channel transmitter, a direct-charge receiver and associated magnetics for applications requiring 5 watts of power or less. No additional software development is required, offering true plug-and-play functionality. With the release of the kit, TI affirms its commitment to providing wireless power technology with high-level integration and functionality, while minimizing size and cost. For additional details on the bqTESLA kit, visit: www.ti.com/bqTESLA100LP-pr
Key components of the bqTESLA development kit:
* bq500110 wireless power transmitter manager
* bq25046 single-input, 5-V power supply IC
* MSP430bq1010 wireless power control and communications
Availability and pricing
The bqTESLA development kit is in full production and available for immediate purchase. The kit is offered at a promotional price of $250 during CES 2011. After the show, it will be priced at $499 and can be ordered at www.ti.com/bqTESLA100LP-pr. In addition, the individual components of the kit are available for purchase in production quantities.
Find out more about the bqTELSA development kit at CES 2011:
* Visit TI's Power suite at the Las Vegas Hilton #473.
* Stop by technology partners - Fulton Innovation/ eCoupled™ and Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) booth #9444.
* Follow us on http://twitter.com/TXInstruments, http://www.facebook.com/TexasInstruments1 and http://e2e.ti.com.
Find out more about TI's battery charging portfolio and other power management products by visiting the links below:
* Download TI's Power Management Selection Guide at: www.ti.com/powermanagement-pr.
* Access TI's complete power management portfolio at: www.ti.com/power-pr.