· T-Mobile USA, Inc. and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the U.S. , today announced the anticipated February availability of the Galaxy S™ 4G, which will be the fastest smartphone running on America's Largest 4G Network™, and will be available exclusively from T-Mobile.
· The Galaxy S 4G, T-Mobile's first smartphone capable of delivering theoretical peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps, offers enhanced mobile experiences and unparalleled entertainment including mobile HD TV through T-Mobile TV, the Academy Award™ nominated film "INCEPTION," and T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik™ - delivered at 4G speeds on its 4-inch Super AMOLED touch screen display.
· Through the delivery of faster speeds comes an enhanced experience when viewing video entertainment over the Web using services such as YouTube. In addition T-Mobile TV, a pre-loaded application, offers consumers access to live and on-demand mobile HD TV on T-Mobile's 4G network, including free programming from select stations like ABC News NOW, FOX Sports, PBS Kids and Azteca America.
· To further enhance the entertainment package on the Galaxy S 4G, T-Mobile has preloaded, at no additional cost to consumers, Warner Bros. Pictures' Academy Award® Nominated film INCEPTION which is nominated for Best Picture, Best Writing (Original Screenplay), Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Music (Original Score), Best Sound Editing and Best Visual Effects. Customers also have the option to rent or purchase their favorite movies and TV programs directly from the Samsung Media Hub, which features thousands of new releases and TV shows.
· The Galaxy S 4G's blazing-fast speeds will make sharing memories via e-mail, social networks or video quick and easy. For example, the pre-loaded T-Mobile Video Chat application powered by Qik enables customers to share any moment with loved ones virtually whenever and wherever they want through T-Mobile's network or Wi-Fi. Using either the front-facing or the rear camera, which features a 720p HD camcorder, paired with Video Chat allows customers to hold video conversations with friends and family who have a compatible mobile device.
· Featured as a pre-installed application, doubleTwist® with AirSync™ provides customers with a useful and easy way to auto-sync and back up photos, HD videos and music to and from their home computer. With a Wi-Fi connection, customers can easily sync their media wirelessly and at no additional cost. The doubleTwist Player lets customers enjoy their favorite tunes and videos directly from their phone while on the go. The Galaxy S 4G also comes preloaded with Slacker Radio, offering music fans more than 130 genre stations and ability to create their own custom stations for free.
· With a slim and sleek design, the Galaxy S 4G's 4-inch Super AMOLED touch screen display gives customers a vivid, sharp viewing experience, whether consumers choose to watch a movie or a book or newspaper with the preloaded Kindle for Android application while on the go. Powered by Android™ 2.2, the Galaxy S 4G is equipped with a speedy Samsung 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application Processor, an ST-Ericsson M5720 HSPA+ 4G modem to enable theoretical peak downloads of up to 21 Mbps, a 5 megapixel camera, a preinstalled 16GB microSD memory card, and a 1650mAh lithium ion battery.
· The Galaxy S 4G is expected to be available to T-Mobile customers in February. Customers can visit http://galaxy-s.t-mobile.com/4G for more information.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 78
- Type Smartphone
- Operating system Android (Eclair [2.0 / 2.1])
- Screen size 4 inches
- Internal memory 8 GB
- Camera 5 megapixels
- Talk time 2G (up to 13.5 hours), 3G (up to 6.5 hours)
- Dimensions 4.82 x 2.53 x 0.39 in
- Weight 4.2 oz
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
Samsung Galaxy S II T-Mobile