If you happen to be one of the handful of Creative ZiiO tablet users, then we have good news for you: come Friday, the 7-incher will be the first of the Ziio duo to receive its Froyo update, whereas its 10-inch sibling's expected to follow suit by April. So what's new? Well, the list includes greater language support, new passcode options, the ability to install apps onto external storage, and a text-to-speech engine. Once available, you can obtain the update from either Creative's website or the tablets' ZiiO Space portal; but by all means, feel free to butter up the folks over at xda-developers to slap some Honeycomb onto these ZiiOs instead.
Show full PR text
Android 2.2 OS Upgrade Now Available on Creative ZiiO™ 7" Tablet
Free Web Upgrades for Current Users Will Start 25 March 2011
Creative Technology Ltd has upgraded its Creative ZiiO 7" Android-based tablets to Android 2.2. Current Creative ZiiO 7" owners will be able to enjoy a free upgrade via support.creative.com or the ZiiO Space portal found on their tablets, beginning 25 March 2011.
In addition, the Creative ZiiO 7" with Android 2.2 will begin shipping on 18 March 2011*, while the Creative ZiiO 10" is expected to ship with Android 2.2 by April 2011*.
Users of the Creative ZiiO tablets with Android 2.2 can look forward to enjoying these enhancements:
• Flexibility to install apps using either on-board memory or external storage media
• Flexibility of viewing pages in both desktop and mobile formats – which means that pages can now be seen in their original lay-out without truncation
• Improved security with the addition of numeric pin or alpha-numeric password options to unlock device
• Greater localised language support added
• Text-to-Speech Engine
For more information on the Creative ZiiO tablets, please visit www.creative.com/purewireless.
* For full details on in-country availability, please visit www.creative.com. Purchasers who have bought Creative ZiiO 7" tablets with Android 2.1 at local stores can easily upgrade to Android 2.2 free of charge by visiting support.creative.com.