It ain't a mind-bending concept, but the Keyport Slide solves a problem that far too many humans have. Put simply, this multi-key tool allows users to store both key imprints and digital files in a single device, and for those on the hunt for something to match their Sunday best... well, look no further. The outfit has just introduced a foursome of new Slide colors: Gunmetal, Zircon Gold, Copper, and Champagne. Starter bundles are still listed at $79, and if you believe the outfit's CEO, there's "much more on the horizon." You know, like the initial shipments of its $10 Mini-LED, which was also revealed today. Tap that source link if you're gushing with joy (and we know you are).
Show full PR text
Keyport's Mini-LED for the Ultimate Keychain Alternative Is Now Available Along with New Slide Colors
Keyport's Universal Access Device Shines a Light on the Shortcomings of a Bulky Keychain
HENDERSON, NV- April 4, 2011-- Only a month removed from introducing its USB flash drive insert, Keyport, Inc. announces that its mini-LED insert, designed to fit securely in the Keyport Slide V.01, is ready to ship. Lightweight and compact, the Keyport Slide consolidates keys and other personal items (thumb drive, bottle opener, LED) typically crammed onto a keychain and streamlines them into a single universal access device. About the same size as a traditional key fob that holds only one key, the Keyport provides access to each of the six ports with just the slide of a thumb.
For a look at the Keyport Slide in action, please visit http://www.youtube.com/thekeyport.
Keyport's new water-resistant Mini-LED features two lithium ion batteries that last up to 15 hours. "Adding a light to the Keyport's growing set of features not only illuminates darkened hallways and difficult to find keyways, but it also shines the light on the inadequacies of a bulky keychain. In this case, bigger is definitely not better," says President David Cooper.
* Compact and Lightweight - Keyport's sleek design weighs only 2.1 ounces fully loaded and fits comfortably in the 5th pocket of a pair of jeans
* Handles Most Keys - Keyport accommodates the vast majority of key types including most high security and chipped auto keys
* No Pain, All Gain - Keyport does not rip up pants pockets or stab the user in the leg and eliminates pocket jingle
* Motorcyclist's Best Friend - Keyport is designed to eliminate scratches on the handlebars from dangling keys without having to carry a separate key
* Lanyard Attachment - Keyport comes with an optional quick-release lanyard to be able to add loose items such a car alarm fob
* Lost & Found - Each Keyport comes with a laser engraved serial number which, when registered, can be used to reunite a recovered Keyport with its owner
Keyport also announces the introduction of four additional Slide colors - Gunmetal, Zircon Gold, Copper, and Champagne. Keyport's Founder and Chief Product Designer, Josh Downes summarized, "Our new colors and inserts, like the mini-LED, continue to expand the range of options a customer has to personalize his or her own Keyport, and this is only the beginning. There is much more on the horizon."
Keyport starter bundles are $79 and come with a Keyport Slide V.01, six color Nodes, six key Blades and a detachable quick-release lanyard. The LED light is available for only $9.99 at www.mykeyport.com.