AT&T and LG Launch First Smartphone for GoPhone
LG Thrive™ and its post-paid version, LG Phoenix™ available on April 17 from LG Mobile Phones.
Both Android 2.2 Devices Available In AT&T Stores Nationwide
DALLAS, April 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
* AT&T* will begin selling LG Thrive™ and LG Phoenix™ on April 17.
* LG Thrive™ is AT&T's first prepaid smartphone. GoPhone customers can choose from new data packages with no long-term commitment required.
* Both smartphones will be available for purchase nationwide at AT&T company-owned retail stores and in select national retail locations.
* Both feature a 3.2 inch color full-touch display, Android™ 2.2 platform, Exchange email support, unlimited Wi-Fi usage on the entire national AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot network and a 3.2-megapixel camera.
AT&T is a pioneer in smartphones and devices, and expects to widen its portfolio in 2011. In January, AT&T committed to a robust Android portfolio, including more than 12 new Android devices this year. Delivering users on-the-go access to the growing Android Market™, LG Thrive™ will be the first Android smartphone available for GoPhone customers.
LG Thrive™ Data Packages and Voice Plans
In addition to providing access to applications and contacts, AT&T is introducing a new prepaid data package with the LG Thrive, offering 500 MB of data for $25. Each of the following options are available to customers who choose the Smartphone $0.10/min Plan or Smartphone $2/day Unlimited Talk and Text Plan. Prepaid customers who choose a smartphone like the LG Thrive must choose a data package in order to use data services.
* NEW: $25 FOR 500MB
* $5 for 10MB (previously $4.99 for 1MB)
* $15 for 100MB (previously $19.99)
The above data packages include unlimited Wi-Fi usage at thousands of AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots from your smartphone.
AT&T is also adding value to data pay-per-use pricing for non-smartphone customers with five times the data for the same price. The new pricing is $0.01 per 5kb (previously $0.01 per kb).
LG Thrive ™ and LG Phoenix™
LG Thrive™ boasts the latest Android features, including robust HTML browsing, integrated synching of Google ™ account features, Facebook® and Twitter apps for social networking, flexible personalization with up to seven customizable home screens, and unlimited Wi-Fi usage at thousands of AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide, included as part of the smartphone data plan required with either device.** LG Phoenix™ offers similar features to its prepaid counterpart as well as Mobile Hotspot and data tethering support which allows the sharing of the phone's mobile broadband connection with other devices.***
* Android 2.2 platform
* HSDPA 7.2 3G data speeds
* 600MHz application processor
* 3.2" 320 x 480 262k color full-touch display
* Wi-Fi/aGPS capable
* 160MB User Memory w/ microSD storage (up to 32GB)
* 2GB microSD card installed
* 3.2MP Auto-focus camera
* Stereo Bluetooth
* Quad-band GSM / Tri-band 3G (world capable)
* 1500 mAh long-life battery
* Text/Picture and Video Messaging support
* POP3/IMAP/Gmail/EAS email support
Price and Availability****
On April 17, AT&T will begin selling LG Thrive™, in silver for $179.99. To use data services on the Thrive™, a GoPhone smartphone plan and data package are required.
The LG Phoenix™ will be available on the same day in dark blue for $49.99 and requires a two-year agreement.
Both devices will be sold in company-owned retail stores and in select national retail locations.
Learn more about the LG Thrive™ and LG Phoenix™ at www.att.com/mobilephones-news.