If you love Gmail
and need to access it on the go, you probably already know that Google's Android platform is the best way to do so, and with the new v2.3.5 it's getting even better. The top two new features this time around include the ability to sync only priority
messages (saving battery life and keeping unimportant messages at bay) and the ability to individually set notifications and ringtones for any of the labels in your inbox. The Android Market website is
still showing version 22.214.171.124
, but we successfully upgraded via the Market on our devices
. Also new are features like remembering "Show Pictures" for specific senders, a toggle for sticky message actions in all orientations as well as improved overall performance and TalkBack screen reader support.
: The website is now showing all the details for 2.3.5, hit the source link to update or just check the official list after the break.
What's in this version:
1. Save bandwidth and battery by only syncing priority mail
2. Use label notifications to mash up filters, labels, and ringtones
3. Remember 'Show Pictures' for senders
4. Turn off sticky message actions in landscape or all orientations
5. Better TalkBack support for accessibility
6. Performance improvements