Award-Winning Online Meeting App on Android Smartphones to be Pre-Loaded with Citrix Receiver™ on DROID BIONIC by Motorola Through Verizon Wireless
Provides the Easiest Way For Users to Join Meetings Instantly from Anywhere at Anytime, Transforming the Way People Work
SANTA BARBARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Citrix Systems today announced the expansion of its growing line of mobile workforce solutions for the Android Market™ with the availability of Citrix® GoToMeeting® for Android. Available as a free app, Android smartphone users will have access to the industry's easiest and most convenient mobile collaboration application to join online meetings anywhere, anytime. Citrix® GoToMeeting® will also be pre-loaded on the DROID BIONIC by Motorola, the latest Android-powered device from Motorola Mobility arriving at Verizon Wireless on September 8, 2011. Motorola will also be pre-loading Citrix Receiver™, which enables customers to access their corporate Windows apps and documents on over one billion different devices, regardless of operating system or form factor.
"Worldwide Smartphone 2011 – 2015 Forecast and Analysis"
DROID BIONIC by Motorola follows DROID 3 by Motorola as the second Android-powered device to pre-load GoToMeeting and Citrix Receiver, making it easy and convenient for users to attend online meetings and access their applications, desktop and data while on the go.
Citrix believes its expanded mobile collaboration platform will ensure maximum work flexibility and support, providing businesses of all sizes new ways to stay connected and productive regardless of location – a concept Citrix calls 'workshifting.' Using Citrix mobile apps, people can join a meeting anywhere they take their mobile device – in a taxi, on a park bench, in an office or from any location.
"GoToMeeting will be available on Android tomorrow which opens a world of choice for our customers who rely on our application for high-quality, secure and reliable web and audio conferencing. Today's announcement underscores our company commitment to helping businesses – large and small – achieve flexibility and agility in the way they work for maximum productivity and success, anywhere at anytime," said Bernardo de Albergaria, VP and GM, Collaboration, Online Services Division, Citrix Systems.
What Is New: GoToMeeting for Android Market
* Free GoToMeeting app for Android smartphone users: Attend meetings on the go by downloading the free app from the Android Market.
* Pre-loaded for convenience: Android users can access the pre-loaded GoToMeeting and Citrix Receiver app directly from the new DROID BIONIC by Motorola.
* Quick session entry: Join meetings in seconds by clicking a link in an email or clicking the GoToMeeting icon and entering the meeting ID.
* VoIP integrated audio: Quickly connect to audio through the Internet using the built-in mic and speakers.
* Audio controls: Mute yourself to eliminate background noise while on the go.
* Zoom in on meeting content: Zoom meeting content up to 200% by pinching the screen.
* Portrait or landscape view: Flip your Android device to adjust your view of meeting content.
* See who's attending: View a list of meeting attendees.
Why it Matters
* The world of work is no longer confined to the office and collaboration solutions like GoToMeeting and mobile devices powered by Android are transforming the way people work by enabling them to get work done anywhere, anytime – even while on the go.
* Citrix 'GoTo' mobile services ensure secure, reliable and high-performing support for the growing mobile workforce. This mobile portfolio includes apps for iPad that support GoToMeeting, GoToMyPC®, GoToManage® and GoToWebinar®; iPhone apps that support GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar; and now GoToMeeting for Android.
* Citrix is making collaboration possible on the go, transforming the way people work, and enabling them to work wherever, whenever and however they choose.
IDC Reports Steady Adoption of Android by Business Users
"Device manufacturers have invested a good deal of time and resources to make their Android devices more enterprise friendly. Shipments of Android devices around the world have increased at astounding volumes each quarter and enterprises recognize the productivity benefits from providing the right tools to a growing mobile workforce. IDC believes that vendors will ship a total of 178.9 million Android-powered smartphones by the end of 2011 and reach 420.0 million units by 20151." Stephen Drake, Program Vice President, IDC's Mobility and Telecom Research
Pricing and Availability
Citrix GoToMeeting for Android will be available free of charge from the Android Market at: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.citrixonline.android.gotomeeting
Citrix GoToMeeting for Android and Citrix Receiver for Android are pre-loaded on the DROID BIONIC by Motorola and DROID 3 by Motorola smartphone devices through Verizon and will be available free of charge.
For more information about GoToMeeting, visit www.gotomeeting.com. For more information about Citrix Receiver for all platforms, including Android, visit www.citrix.com/receiver.
* DROID BIONIC by Motorola Gets Enterprise Muscles with Citrix Receiver and GoToMeeting
* Citrix GoToMeeting and Citrix Receiver Pre-Loaded on DROID 3 by Motorola
* Citrix Receiver Now Helps Business Say "Yes" to More Than 1 Billion End User Devices
Follow Us Online
* Citrix GoToMeeting on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GoToMeeting
* Citrix GoToMeeting on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/gotomeeting
* Citrix Receiver Cloud Demo Environment: http://citrixcloud.net
* Workshifting blog: http://workshifting.com
About Citrix Systems, Inc.
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help companies deliver IT as an on-demand service. Founded in 1989, Citrix combines virtualization, networking, and cloud computing technologies into a full portfolio of products that enable virtual workstyles for users and virtual datacenters for IT. More than 230,000 organizations worldwide rely on Citrix to help them build simpler and more cost-effective IT environments. Citrix partners with over 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2010 was $1.87 billion.
The Online Services Division of Citrix provides secure, easy-to-use cloud-based solutions that enable people to work from anywhere with anyone. Whether using GoToMeeting® to hold online meetings, GoToWebinar® to conduct larger web events, GoToTraining® to train customers or employees, GoToMyPC®to access and work on a remote Mac® or PC, GoToAssist® to support customers or GoToManage® for IT support and management, businesses and individuals are increasing productivity, decreasing travel costs and improving sales, training and service on a global basis. For more information, visit www.citrixonline.com.
Citrix®, Citrix Receiver™, GoToMeeting®, GoToWebinar®, GoToTraining®, GoToMyPC®, and GoToManage® are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
1 IDC "Worldwide Smartphone 2011 – 2015 Forecast and Analysis," Doc#227367, March 2011."