Update: Our apologies, it's the ZR2440w that won't be shipping till october.
Dante Cesa contributed to this report.
HP LE2202x, ZR2740w, ZR2440w, ZR2240w and ZR2040w monitorsSee all photos
HP performance displays hands-onSee all photos
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 14, 2011 – HP today added powerful and affordable displays for creative professionals and retail businesses to its portfolio, including the company's first 27-inch diagonal performance display with more than 1 billion colors, the industry's first sub-$200 display with in-plane switching (IPS) technology and HP's first 47-inch diagonal multitouch Digital Signage Display.
Among the new products:
- The HP ZR2740w, ZR2440w, ZR2240w and ZR2040w Performance Displays feature LED backlit IPS panels and deliver ultimate performance for professionals that value exceptional image accuracy.
- The HP Compaq LE2202x Essential Display is for businesses that need affordable display technology in a thin profile with a small footprint.
- The HP LD4220tm and HP LD4720tm Digital Signage Displays allow customers to interact with business messages in a simple yet powerful way.
- The HP SignagePlayer mp8200 provides smooth and reliable operation in demanding digital signage applications.
In addition, the popular HP rp5800 Retail System is now offered in a Digital Signage Edition specifically configured for reliable playback of digital signage and interactive media.
"Design, animation and gaming professionals push the limits of display technology every day simply to do their jobs – and HP has met their needs with a wider range of solutions than ever before," said Jun Kim, vice president and general manager, Display Business Unit, HP. "HP offers customers robust displays and innovative, interactive digital signage products that are the new face of retail and hospitality."
New ZR-series displays offer IPS performance in a thinner profile The four new HP ZR-series Performance Displays are aimed at professionals in animation, game development, broadcast, computer- aided design, design and graphic arts, where performance and visual quality are imperative. The HP ZR2740w, ZR2440w, ZR2240w and ZR2040w displays come with light-emitting diode (LED) backlights for a slim industrial design, more robust colors and the elimination of mercury. They represent the broadest LED performance display lineup in the industry.
All of HP's ZR series displays employ IPS technology for ultrawide viewing angles. They offer up to 10 times higher contrast ratios when viewed from an angle as compared to mainstream monitors that use twisted nematic (TN) technology.(1)
The HP ZR2740w generates more than 1 billion onscreen colors for smooth color transitions that virtually eliminate banding artifacts. The HP ZR2440w, ZR2240w and ZR2040w show up to 16.7 million displayable colors. Customers can choose from a range of sizes – 20-, 21.5-, 24- and 27-inch diagonal screens – and resolutions ranging from 1,600 x 900 to 2,560 x 1,440, with the HP ZR2240w and ZR2440w providing 2- million-to-1 dynamic contrast ratios.(2)
All four displays have sRGB-class color gamuts. The sRGB color space is the industry standard for web browsers, digital cameras and printers and also matches the Rec. 709 color space used for HDTVs and video editing.
To give creative professionals a complete experience, HP Performance Displays undergo extensive testing to ensure compatibility with HP Z Workstations and feature coordinated brushed-aluminum accents. HP Performance Displays easily connect to a variety of devices, with the HP ZR2240w in particular providing a full range of DisplayPort, DVI-D, HDMI and VGA inputs.
The HP ZR2740w also features the HP Direct Drive Architecture that transmits the color value from the workstation graphics card directly to the billion-color panel with no alteration in the display. The HP ZR2440w, ZR2240w and ZR2040w are rated ENERGY STAR® 5.
Additionally, the 21.5-, 24- and 27-inch diagonal models feature an eight-way comfort adjust stand and new HP Quick Release 2, which is mounted flush on the back of the display for easy VESA mounting. All HP Performance Displays come with a three-year standard limited warranty.
Essential display balances sleek design with responsible features
The new HP Compaq LE2202x, with its small footprint, helps customers free up limited space and adds a modern touch to the workplace. Solid- state LED technology allows for enhanced color performance and a thinner profile than previous HP Essential Displays.
The LE2202x provides full HD(3) 1,920 x 1,080 native resolution and fast 5ms response times offer crisp and detailed views.(2) The 21.5-inch diagonal panel is BFR/PVC-,(4) mercury- and arsenic-free,(5) and the display's flat packaging reduces waste and shipping cost.
Latest HP digital signage solutions
The two new HP Digital Signage Displays – the HP LD4220tm and LD4720tm – help retailers meet the needs of shoppers in multichannel retailing environments. The 42- and 47-inch diagonal LCD displays deploy a multitouch screen that uses unique scanning infrared technology, including embedded sensors to provide more accurate touch recognition. This technology also enhances the retail experience by enabling customers to use their fingertips to scroll through screens or perform many common multitouch gestures.
The full 1080p widescreen displays feature enhanced digital connectivity including HDMI or DVI, VGA and DisplayPort. The monitors provide plug- and-play convenience from a simple USB key and can be set in either a horizontal or vertical position for more flexible placement options. The displays are engineered for demanding 24/7 usage and come with a standard three-year limited warranty vs. typical one-year warranties available for TVs.
The HP SignagePlayer mp8200 is optimized to work with the latest digital signage software to provide smooth and reliable operation in demanding retail environments.(6) The mp8200 features Intel® Core™ technology(7) and is preinstalled with the Windows® Embedded Standard 7 operating system.
The new HP rp5800 Retail System, Digital Signage Edition drives two discrete channels of content with a powerful graphics subsystem and comes with retail-hardened features including the ability to operate in a 40 degree C (105 degree F) environment. It features an extra-long manufacturing life cycle to support extended deployment schedules and provide a consistent platform across enterprise digital signage networks. HP offers professional installation services to help businesses quickly and affordably deploy digital signage solutions. HP Integrated Solution Bundles include project management, site surveys and standard digital signage installation.
Pricing and availability(8)
- The HP ZR2040w, ZR2240w, ZR2440w and ZR2740w start at $189, $289, $425 and $729, respectively. They all can be ordered today on hp.com. The ZR2040w, ZR2240w and ZR2740w are available immediately, and the ZR2440w will be available in October.
- The HP Compaq LE2202x starts at $179 and is planned to be available Sept. 19 on hp.com.
- The HP LD4220tm and HP LD4720tm Digital Signage Displays are planned to be available in early October in all regions.
- The HP rp5800 Retail System, Digital Signage Edition and HP SignagePlayer mp8200 configurations are planned to be available in September.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) As compared to mainstream monitors with TN panels when viewed at 60 degrees.
(2) All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
(3) HD content required to view HD images.
(4) Meets the evolving definition of ―BFR/PVC-free‖ as set forth in the ―iNEMI Position Statement on the ‗Definition of Low-Halogen' Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).'‖ Plastic parts contain < 1,000 ppm (0.1%) of bromine [if the Br source is from BFRs] and < 1,000 ppm (0.1%) of chlorine [if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers]. All printed circuit board (PCB) and substrate laminates contain bromine/chlorine total < 1,500 ppm (.15%) with a maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (.09%) and maximum bromine being 900 ppm (.09%). External cables (power, video and USB) are not BFR/PVC-free. Service parts after purchase may not be BFR/PVC-free.
(5) Arsenic and its compounds were not detected using U.S. EPA test methods 3052/6010b by ICP-AES.
(6) HP Digital Signage Display sold separately.
(7) 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
(8) Availability and pricing will vary by region. Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government. Intel and Core are registered
trademarks or trademarks of Intel Corp. in the United States and other countries. Windows is a U.S.
registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein