SECAUCUS, NJ (September 13, 2011) – Today, Panasonic announces the availability of a new firmware that enables seven of its LUMIX G Series interchangeable lenses to be HD lenses, meaning they can shoot exceptional HD video. Specifically these HD lenses excel in tracking focus in video recording while offering silent auto focus and exposure control. In addition, there is enhanced stability of O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) in video recording.
Panasonic's LUMIX G Series of lenses are compatible with the company's line of Compact System Cameras, including the 2011 line-up of the LUMIX GF3, LUMIX GF2, LUMIX GH2 and LUMIX G3. The new 1.1 firmware, available at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/, enhances the following seven LUMIX G Series lenses:
(1) LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH. (H-H014)
(2) LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042)
(3) LUMIX G FISHEYE 8mm / F3.5 (H-F008)
(4) LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300)
(5) LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm / F4.0 ASPH. (H-F007014)
(6) LUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014045)
(7) LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS045200)
The lens (1)-(4) offers more comfortable HD video recording by improving the video recording performance with the firmware update.
Firmware Update Program Version 1.1
-Enhanced stability of O.I.S.(Optical Image Stabiliser) in video recording.
-Reduced sound of auto focusing in video recording
The firmware programs is available at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/