The top performer was Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, which managed to sell 1.2 million units across all platforms during the quarter, a little under half of which were sold in North America. Brian Farrell, THQ's CEO, explained during a conference call that older catalog titles also sold well, specifically mentioning Saints Row 2. We guess people are eager to get back into the swing of (blowing up) things.
Farrell added, "We are encouraged that our second quarter performance exceeded our expectations, particularly in a quarter with a light release schedule." We imagine he'll be pretty darn encouraged next quarter, which sees the release of the ridiculous Saints Row: The Third, and the somehow even more ridiculous WWE '12.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One