Ultra-Thin and Lightweight Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Available Nov. 20 in AT&T Stores and Online
AT&T 4G LTE Expanding to Six New Markets, Total of 15 Nationwide
DALLAS, Nov. 14, 2011 -
· AT&T* introduced its second 4G LTE-enabled tablet for customers, the Samsung Galaxy™ Tab 8.9, an ultra-thin tablet perfect for Android fans who want an optimized Honeycomb experience in a best-in-class form factor.
· Customers can purchase from AT&T stores and online beginning Nov. 20.
· For a limited time, customers who select a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 will receive a Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket or Samsung Galaxy S™ II smartphone at no cost. A two year agreement is required on the smartphone.
· Additionally, AT&T will launch 4G LTE (Long Term Evolution) in six new markets on Nov. 20: Charlotte, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
· The Nov. 20 launches will expand AT&T 4G LTE to 15 markets total, meeting its 2011 market commitment. AT&T plans to reach 70 million Americans by year-end 2011.
· AT&T offers the only devices capable of 4G speeds utilizing both 4G LTE and HSPA+, for a consistently fast connection in and out of 4G LTE areas.
· AT&T topped its goal to offer 20 4G devices this year. The addition of the new 4G LTE devices brings the 4G device total to 24.
Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9
Exclusive to AT&T customers, the 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 is a slim, lightweight tablet, running Android™ 3.2 and packed with optimized services from Google, AT&T and Samsung. The new tablet features a vivid 8.9-inch 1280x800 pixel high-resolution screen, powerful processor 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for fast multi-tasking, and tabbed browsing with support for HTML 5 and Adobe® Flash® Player.
· 4G LTE backed by 4G HSPA+
· Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)
· 15.9 ounces light, 8.6mm thin
· Brilliant 8.9" HD widescreen
· 3.2 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash, 2 megapixel front facing camera
· Tabbed browsing, Adobe Flash and HTML support
· Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor
· 16 GB internal memory and expandable up to 32 GB via accessory option
· 1 GB RAM
· TouchWiz® UX
· Dimensions: 230.9 x 157.8 x 8.6 mm
Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 will arrive in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online Nov. 20 for $479.99 with a two-year commitment. For a limited time, customers who select a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 will receive a Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket or Samsung Galaxy S™ II smartphone at no cost. A two year agreement is required on the smartphone. Learn more at www.att.com/tablets.
AT&T 4G LTE Data Plans
AT&T tablet customers can choose a $35, 3 GB monthly data plan option with a two-year contract, and customers who do not choose a long-term commitment may still select one of two existing monthly billing options for tablets:
· Postpaid: $14.99 for 250 MB or $25 for 2 GB. Customers on the 2 GB plan who exceed their monthly data plan will be charged $10 per 1 GB of overage. Charges will appear on customers' monthly wireless statements offering the simplicity of a single bill.
· Prepaid: $14.99 for 250 MB or $25 for 2 GB. Customers on the 2 GB plan who exceed their monthly data plan may choose to purchase an additional 2 GB for $25. Charges will appear on customers' credit card statements.
AT&T 4G LTE smartphone customers can choose from tiered data plans starting as low as $15 per month. Existing smartphone customers do not have to make changes to their data plan. All plans include access to AT&T's national Wi-Fi network of more than 29,000 hotspots.
· DataPlus provides 200 megabytes (MB) of data for just $15 per month. An additional 200 MB of data usage is $15.
· DataPro provides 2 gigabytes (GB) of data for $25 per month. An additional 1 GB of data is $10. Customers who want to use their device as a mobile hotspot can sign up for DataPro 4GB for $45 a month, which lets you tether or share your data connection across multiple devices.
AT&T 4G LTE Footprint
With the Nov. 20 launches, AT&T 4G LTE will be available in 15 markets: Athens, Ga., Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C.
AT&T is the only U.S. carrier providing 4G using both HSPA+ and LTE technologies. HSPA+, when combined with enhanced backhaul, provides customers with compatible devices 4G speeds, meaning customers get a faster and more consistent 4G experience, even when outside of an AT&T 4G LTE area. Customers of other carriers that have transitioned to 4G LTE without further speed upgrades to their existing networks are likely to see a jarring drop-off in speeds when they move out of LTE coverage.
"The arrival of the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 adds to our outstanding Android lineup and our growing portfolio of premier 4G LTE devices," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "We're constantly adding new 4G LTE coverage and only AT&T offers 4G LTE plus 4G speeds through our HSPA+ network."
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. 4G speeds delivered by LTE or HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul, where available. Deployment ongoing. Compatible device and data plan required. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Learn more at att.com/network.
Handset Offer: Offer is available November 20, 2011 through January 7, 2012. No two year commitment required for the tablet when purchasing the tablet at an AT&T company owned retail store. Online purchases require a two year commitment (see promotional tablet pricing below).. Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket or Samsung Galaxy S™ II smartphone requires new 2-yr wireless agrmt of $39.99 or higher and min $15/mo data plan. Wireless Service: Subject to Wireless Customer Agrmt. Coverage and svcs not avail everywhere. Credit approval req'd. Activ. fee $36/line. Geographic, usage, and other terms, conditions and restrictions apply, and may result in svc termination. See store or visit att.com for complete details and coverage maps. Data: Min $15/mo, 200MB, data plan required. If you exceed your initial 200MB allowance, you will automatically be charged an overage of $15 for each additional 200MB provided. All data allowances and overages must be used in the billing period provided or they will be forfeited – details att.com/dataplans. Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge up to $1.25/mo. is chrg'd to help comply with gov't obligations and chrgs; it is not a tax or gov't req'd chrg. Early Termination Fee (ETF): After 30 days, ETF up to $325 based on device (details att.com/equipmentETF). Restocking fee up to $35. Taxes and other charges apply.
Handset Offer cannot be combined with any other equipment promotion, discount, or other offer. Subject to availability limitations. Tablets must be returned within 14 days of purchase. If tablet is returned within 14 days of purchase, customer will be charged the two year commitment price for the Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket of $249.99 or the Samsung Galaxy S™ II of $199.99.
Promotional tablet pricing requires a two-year agreement and a minimum $35 a month 3 GB DataConnect Plan for tablets. If you exceed your initial 3GB allowance, you will automatically be charged an overage of $10 for each additional GB provided. All data allowances and overages must be used in the billing period provided or they will be forfeited – details att.com/dataplans. Coverage not avail everywhere. Credit approval req'd. Geographic, usage, and other terms, conditions and restrictions apply, and may result in svc termination. Early Termination Fee (ETF): After 30 days, ETF up to $325. Restocking fee up to 10% of sales price may apply. Equipment Fee may apply if service is canceled within 30 days of purchase – details att.com/returns. Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge up to $1.25/mo. is chrg'd to help comply with gov't obligations and chrgs; it is not a tax or gov't req'd chrg. Taxes and other charges apply. See store or visit att.com for complete details and coverage maps.
AT&T Data Plans for Tablets. Postpaid DataConnect Plans are billed monthly and automatically renew every month, unless you cancel service prior to the start of the monthly renewal. No term commitment or termination fees apply (with no service commitment plans). Overage charges apply if the monthly data allowance is exceeded. Offer not available for on-tablet activation. Credit check may be required. Geographic and other restrictions apply. Session Based DataConnect Pass Plans for Tablets: Time begins expiring immediately upon purchase/activation, whether you are using the service or not. Once your time expires or the allotted data is used, whichever comes first, your data access will cease. 30-day domestic plans automatically renew, unless you cancel auto-renewal. Fees are non-refundable. Other restrictions apply. For full terms see DataConnect Pass Wireless Data Services Agreement on att.com/wirelesslegal.
CRU and IRU customers must purchase a qualifying DataConnect Plan for Tablets.
AT&T Wi-Fi access includes AT&T Wi-Fi Basic. Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for details and locations