Now Consumers, Businesses, Enterprises and Government Officials Can Have the Value of Data Security by Using an Original Concept of Two-Factor Authentication with Smart Card and Keypad, Real Time Hardware Encryption, and Futuristic Design Sense.
Canoga Park, CA, January 10, 2012 –ROCSTOR, a leading provider of fast, high-capacity data storage and encryption solutions, announces the launch of Amphibious, an International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree. The Amphibious is a secure, ruggedized portable hard drive with real time hardware encryption and offers advanced two-factor authentication, USB 2 and Firewire 800. In addition, the crypto module is FIPS 140-2 certified.
The Amphibious is considered as one of the most secure and user-friendly devices in the world for size, strength of encryption, and method of authentication. It offers users the option of using the device in a cross platform and Operating System independent fashion, and no GUI or software installations required. The Amphibious is the result of several years of intensive R & D effort and collaboration. For the user it offers the value of data security by using an original concept of two-factor authentication with Smart Card and Keypad, real time hardware encryption, and futuristic design sense. The Amphibious is appropriate for consumers, SOHO's, enterprises, institutions, military and government applications who want to store data in a secure manner.
"Amphibious is Rocstor's latest replacement device on steroids. Designed to be used in consumer, enterprise, institutional, military and US governmental applications, it is the most secure and innovative data-at-rest device on the market today, and comes in a compact size and attractive design," states Asher Ghadoushi, Director for Rocstor. "One of the most distinctive features is that the Amphibious can be integrated with standard Smartcards as well as deployed with US Government CAC or PIV smartcards and it uses the only NITS and FIPS 140-2 validated crypto module for real-time hardware encryption with smart card authentication, allowing users to swap out different brands of hard drives or SSD's."
• Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength
• Real-time encryption (virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data)
• Military grade hardware encryption (not software imbedded in a chip)
• CBC modes
• Two-factor authentication - Smartcard and Password protected
• The cryptographic engine is NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) of USA and CSE (Communications Security Establishment) of Canada certified hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.
• FIPS (US Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Cryptographic Module validated (FIPS Inside)
• No software or GUI involved or required installation (for encryption or authentication)
• Ruggedized, aircraft grade aluminum alloy
• Pocket-size portable external storage drive
• Bus powered (no adaptor required)
• Carrying case included
• Incorporates SATA hard drive (up to 1TB) or Solid State Drive DDS
• USB and FireWire connections
• Speeds up to 800 Megabytes per second
• Compatible with both Windows® and Macintosh® environments
• Includes all necessary cables
• FireWire 800 (1394b) (or FireWire 400 1394a cable not included) port(s)
• USB 2.0 port(s)
• PowerPC or Intel processor
• Mac OS 9, X, Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion
• MS Window XP or later
• Min. recommended memory: 1GB MB RAM
• Mac OS X v10.3.x or later
• Microsoft ® Windows®, XP or later
• Solid State Drives (SSD)
Rocstor's Amphibious will be revealed at the 2012 International CES at the Rocstor Booth #3822 in the North Hall (iLounge). The Amphibious will also be on display with other Design and Innovation Award Honorees at CES Unveiled: the Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 8 in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian, and throughout CES 2012 in the Innovation Award Showcase.
Amphibious will be available Q1 of 2012, through Rocstor's distribution and reseller channels in USA and Canada.