If you're prone to hitting the road in a trailer or camper, you probably know that the road isn't exactly made to accommodate to your less-than-dainty vehicle. In a bid to express its deepest sympathies (and, you know, make money), TomTom is unveiling a device made specifically for caravan owners. In addition to offering the standard TomTom Live features for keeping up to date with traffic and weather reports, the Go Live Camper and Caravan includes warnings for narrow roads, low bridges and the like, and it also highlights the nearest rest stops and other points of interest for road trippers. And because you probably trade in that motorhome for a smaller set of wheels on occasion, TomTom lets you switch to a different profile, complete with customizable specifications for size, weight and speed. The Go Live Camper and Caravan will set you back £349.99, and as the price indicates, it's currently only set up to handle roads across the pond.
TomTom has launched the GO LIVE Camper & Caravan.
This specialist navigation device provides tailored routes by vehicle type and has pre-installed Points of Interest that make it easy for drivers to find camper and caravan sites and services.
The TomTom GO LIVE Camper & Caravan includes new navigation software which adjusts routes and arrival times to match a vehicle's size, weight and maximum speed. Drivers can set separate profiles for their camper, caravan, car, van and trailer, and use the device whatever vehicle they are driving.
"Many customers have been in touch requesting navigation designed specifically for their camper or caravan," says a TomTom spokesman. "The launch of the GO LIVE Camper & Caravan puts an end to unnecessary detours and unwanted surprises. Not onlydoes it calculate the very best routes, it is also a great source of relevant information on the journey."
Custom Points of Interest are stored on the device to help drivers locate places such as camping areas, chemical toilet facilities and camper servicespots. Plus, a year of LIVE Services is included for free, providing access to weather forecasts, real-time traffic information with HD Traffic, and Google Local Search.
The TomTom GO LIVE Camper & Caravan comes with maps of 45 countries in Europe and is priced £349.99.
See the viral video here:
Features of the TomTom GO LIVE Camper & Caravan include:
· A specialist map of Europe for campers and caravans: adjusts routes and arrival times for campers, caravans, recreational vans, trailers and cars, taking into account vehicle size and speed restrictions.
· Custom Points of Interest for campers and caravans: locates over 20,000 Points of Interest such as camping areas, chemical toilet facilities and camper service spots.
· Camper / Caravan / Passenger Car Options: adjust routes to match the vehicle.
· Dual Mounting System: enables the device to be mounted on either windscreen or dashboard.
· 1 year FREE LIVE Services: provides access to a range of services including TomTom Weather, TomTom HD Traffic, Local Search with Google™, Search & Go with TripAdvisor and Expedia, and destination sharing with Twitter™.
· Voice command and control: drivers can navigate without taking their hands off the wheel, planning their route using only the sound of their voice.
· Hands-free calling: allows drivers to make and answer phone calls safely while driving.
· Advanced Lane Guidance: gives extra clarity at difficult junctions.
· IQ Routes: uses real travel information shared by millions of drivers to get the best routes and arrival times at every time of day.