Now that Comcast has started delivering its video on-demand to TiVo Premieres, the company has now revealed the second area where access will be turned on is Boston, starting Monday. The news
was announced in a tweet from Head of Corporate Communications Steve Wymer, and as Gizmo Lovers notes, was likely held back as Comcast announced its own X1 platform would launch soon in Boston as well. We're now more than a year past the original announcement, hopefully this is just the start of the rollout as it picks up the pace, if the two companies work well together maybe Comcast could be on the list for that six-tuner Pace box at some point.
Update: And just like that.. it was not announced. Steve has indicated he was actually RTing someone else, and no date has been confirmed for the rollout of Comcast VOD on Beantown TiVos.
- Key specs
- Type High def DVR
- HD recording capacity 45 hours
- SD recording capacity 500 hours
- Number of digital tuners 2
- Video outputs Component (1 outputs), HDMI (1 outputs), RCA / composite (1 outputs)
- Video services Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Video-on-demand
- Dimensions 2.4 x 16.5 x 9.7 in