Perhaps you were discouraged by the uncertainty that comes along with a Kickstarter pledge, or you simply missed your chance to give Motrr's Galileo an $85 kick before the deadline hit. Whatever the reason, you're still in luck -- the iOS-controlled iPhone platform is now available for a proper pre-order, with a 10-percent discount and free shipping in tow. Galileo, which netted a whopping $702,427 in Kickstarter funding, could soon be on its way to a nursery or conference room near you, for the slightly increased sum of $116.99. That Benjamin and change will buy you one 360-degree rotating platform, complete with a rechargeable battery, USB cable, tripod screw and user manual. There's no word on when this latest round of pre-orders will be filled, but the company did confirm that it plans to ship the first batch this summer. Full deets (and pre-order option) are at the source link after the break.
Motrr surpasses Kickstarter fundraising goal by 600% for Galileo
Galileo, a revolutionary iOS-controlled robotic iPhone platform, is now available for pre-order at Motrr.com
SANTA CRUZ, CA – June 13, 2012 – Motrr, led by the designers behind the Gorillapod™ line of innovative camera tripods, is pleased to announce the success of their recent Kickstarter campaign for the Galileo. Galileo, a revolutionary iOS-controlled robotic iPhone platform with infinite spherical rotation capability, became one of the highest funded Kickstarter projects to date, receiving over $700,000 in pledges. Motrr surpassed its fundraising goal of $100,000 in only a few days, making its project one of the fastest to reach the funding goal. The Company anticipates shipping units to Kickstarter backers this summer. Those who missed the Kickstarter campaign and still want to be among the first to own this exciting piece of technology can now pre-order their Galileo at www.motrr.com.
"We want to extend our gratitude to all of the Kickstarter backers who have supported our Galileo project," says Motrr CEO Rob Born. "Motrr's mission is to add a whole new dimension of control and motion to a variety of photography devices. Galileo is just the first of several exciting products we plan to bring to market in the near future. Our team is deeply passionate about robotics, photography, and cinematography. Ultimately, we are focused on creating products that inspire creativity and allow for more rewarding human interactions."
With applications in areas of photography, cinematography, social networking, video conferencing, social networking, baby monitoring, remote learning, and more, Galileo gives iOS devices endless possibilities of remote-controlled motion. Features include:
• Infinite spherical rotation capability
• 360° panning and tilting rotation; 200° per second pan-and-tilt speeds
• Ability to control your iOS device remotely from your iPad, iPhone or web browser while providing a new use for your old unused iPhones and iPods
• An SDK (software developer's kit) for app development, which provides the freedom to integrate Galileo functionality into existing apps or other software to control additional hardware such as camera rails; one can also create new apps to integrate Galileo with software or hardware
• Tripod screw, which enables you to mount your Galileo onto any tripod
• Charging capability for your iPhone or iPod
• A rechargeable lithium polymer battery
The Galileo weighs 7 ounces, is 2 inches tall, 3 ¼ inches round, and will be sold for an MSRP of $129.95.