Nothing like a good post-Father's Day contest to get you fired up for the week, and this time we have a new iPad up for grabs. The offering is made possible by Rebtel, the largest independent VoIP provider. The service recently launched its own iPad-specific app, which will hook you up with calls and texts over WiFi and 3G. It's free to chat it up with other folks using Rebtel, while you can get ahold of everyone else at an inexpensive cost. As for other platforms, Android and Windows Phone clients are on the way later this year. As an added bonus, the service is also throwing in a credit of $100 to the winner (see rules for details). As always, head downward and leave a comment in order to win!
- Leave a comment below. Any comment will do. Duplicate entries will be filtered out and discarded, so adding additional comments won't increase your likelihood of winning.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One winner will win one (1) Apple iPad (2012) and $100 in Rebtel credit. In order to receive the credit, the winner must download the application, create an account and send in contact information.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Rebtel, Apple and Engadget / AOL are not held liable to honor warranties or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until June 19, 2012 at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!
- Key specs
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16