Right alongside iOS 6 beta 4, Apple has also pushed out beta 4 software for its Apple TV -- useful for "testing AirPlay for iOS apps," according to the company. Not surprising, actually, considering that a bit of the polish from the former relied on updates to the latter. It's available as we speak to registered developers, and it promises to fix a number of niggles involving restarts while using the Remote app, the wrong resolution being displayed on one's HDTV, and a Photo Stream quirk that prevented some images from loading. The bullet-point breakdown is hosted up after the break.
- FIXED: In some cases, the screen may show the wrong resolution. Restart your Apple TV to return it to the correct resolution.
- FIXED: Apple TV may restart while using the Remote app.
- FIXED: Apple TV may restart when changing the system language.
- FIXED: Photo Stream does not load when logging in a second time. Restart Apple TV to resolve.
- Music does not play during photo slideshows.
- Screen saver may revert to using the default images after installing update.