Toshiba has spent a surprising amount of time at the high-end of the tablet world this year with devices like the Excite 7.7 and Excite 13. It's taking an opposite tack going into the all-important holiday season. The AT300SE spotted earlier this year (likely to be called the Excite 10SE in North America) has been made official for the UK, and it's all about catering to the starter audience without tarnishing the core experience. The 10.1-inch slate is slightly thicker and heavier than its regular AT300 (Excite 10) cousin and scales back the cameras to 3 megapixels at the back and 1.2 at the front, but it preserves the quad-core Tegra 3 and 1,280 x 800 IPS-based display that we know so well. There's even a slight advantage to having held out for the frugal model: the AT300SE ships with Jelly Bean from the outset, which could leave it feeling faster than its Ice Cream Sandwich-toting predecessors. At £300 ($476), the lone 16GB model due this fall isn't officially as cheap as the AT300 on the street, although we wouldn't be surprised to see the real-world cost drop lower. We're mostly left wondering if the as yet unconfirmed Excite 10SE could beat the slimmer original's $400 price in the US.
Toshiba further expands its tablet range
· New Android™ powered 25.7cm (10.1") AT300SE is ideal for everyday tablet users
· NVIDIA® Tegra™ 3 processor delivers incredible performance for enjoying games and multitasking
· Thin and lightweight design ensures convenient use on the move
London, UK, 15th November 2012 – Toshiba UK announced the newest model in its expanding range of tablet computers: the AT300SE. This Android™ powered 25.7cm (10.1") computing device is ideal for consumers who want to utilize the most popular tablet features. Equipped with the fast and powerful NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 processor and offering a generous 16:10 wide viewing angle display, the AT300SE fulfils users' main demands from a tablet - from watching videos and surfing the web to convenient e-reading and playing casual games.
Thin and light, stylish and sturdy
Based on the build quality of the Toshiba AT300 premium tablet, the new SE version was designed with everyday and cost-conscious consumers in mind. The AT300SE is easy to carry around when on the move. With a depth of only 10.5mm and weighing just 625 grams, it is almost as thin and light as the AT300. Moreover, its stylish textured design gives a sophisticated look whilst the dotted pattern on the rear provides a sturdy grip. Built for intensive use at home and on the go, the AT300SE delivers a respectable up to ten hours battery life*.
A plethora of apps
The Toshiba AT300SE tablet is powered by Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean – the latest Android™ platform optimised for tablets. Video, music and photo files in a wide variety of formats can be opened and played instantly. Fast and easy access to Toshiba Places allows viewers to tailor their entertainment using a range of video portals, news services, and on-demand film and TV providers and then exchange preferences and opinions with friends. This cloud-based connected platform comes pre-installed and allows users to enjoy their favourite digital material from a TV, PC or tablet. Equally, users access to more than 700,000 apps and games through Google Play™. For fast offline enjoyment of to personal multimedia libraries, Toshiba has again equipped this new tablet with additional external HDD storage capacity via micro-USB port, microSD™ card slot with SDHC/SDXC support to 64GB and Bluetooth® 3.0.
Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean
· 25.7cm (10.1") LCD capacitive touch display, 1280 x 800, 16:10, CSV, IPS, Wide Viewing angle
· CPU: NVIDIA® Tegra 3 processor with Integrated Graphics Controller
· RAM: 1GB DDR3L-1333 (667 MHz) on Board
· eMMC: 16GB
· Ports and slots: 1x micro-USB, microSDTM with SDHC/SDXC support to 64GB, headphone/mic combo port
· Connectivity: combo WLAN/Bluetooth 3.0./GPS
· Cameras: 3.0. MPixel (back), 1.2 MPixel (front)
· Battery: two cell, 25.0Wh
· Dimensions: 261 x 180 x 10.5mm
· Weight: 625g
· Colour: Precious Silver with dot pattern
· Available accessories: Stand case, screen protector
The Toshiba AT300SE will be available from Q4 2012 starting at £299.99.
- Key specs
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system Android (Jelly Bean [4.1])
- Screen size 10.1 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash), Memory card
- Camera (integrated) 3 megapixels
- Dimensions 10.28 x 7.09 x 0.41 in
- Weight 1.38 lb
Toshiba Excite 10 LE
Toshiba Excite 10 SE
Google Android 4.1