You've already voted for your favorite Insert Coin: New Challengers finalist, right? What? You haven't yet? What are you waiting for? Seriously. The voting's nearly closed! We've already whittled the list down to 10 finalists and asked you to help us get things down to five. Of course, there can only be one big winner, and for that we're bringing in the big guns.
MAKE Magazine Editor-in-Chief and Boing Boing co-editor Mark Frauenfelder will be joining us at Expand to help present the top five projects, each of whom will be getting time on our stage to convince readers and judges alike that they deserve to take home the top prize of $20,000. As for the judges themselves, we couldn't be happier -- the list includes four of the biggest names from the world of design, DIY, crowdfunding and gadget blogging. Check out the judges, after the break.
- Mark Frauenfelder: Editor-in-Chief of MAKE Magazine
- Ryan Block: Co-founder, gdgt
- Gerard Furbershaw: Co-founder and COO, LUNAR
- Jim Newton: Chairman and Founder, TechShop
- Slava Rubin: Co-founder and CEO, Indiegogo
And don't forget...
- Insert Coin finalist voting is still open! Cast your vote by this Wednesday, February 27, at 3:30pm EST.
- If you're a company that would like to work with us on an exhibition or sponsorship level, please drop us a line at sponsors at engadget dot com (DIYers and small startups, please ask us about our new Indie Corner option!)
- If you're interested in speaking at the event, please contact expand at engadget dot com to inquire.
- If you're a member of the media interested in covering Expand, please contact engadget at shiftcomm.com for more information.