Do you live and breathe social media tools and have a passion for metrics? Engadget is looking for you!
We're searching for a very special social- and community-savvy individual to lead the charge setting social strategy for the top consumer tech blog on the planet. Your role would focus on bringing the Engadget voice to life on new channels, leveraging an arsenal of measurement and analysis tools to identify best practices and broadly develop new audiences while interacting more directly with our existing fanbase.
You will need to be highly detail-oriented, unflaggingly personable, have a passion for technology and a deep understanding of how to leverage learnings from metrics to drive brand growth. Preference will be given to candidates in the San Francisco Bay area, but location is not a strict requirement and we are willing to work with the right person anywhere you live.
Read on for requirements and how to apply!
- Develop and implement high-level strategy across social media channels to achieve audience growth
- Work closely with editorial, business and marketing teams to identify and implement opportunities for amplifying the Engadget brand
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight of social media channels
- Absorb and master the Engadget voice and tone appropriate for engaging our fanbase of outspoken technology enthusiasts
- Proactively interact with Engadget's online communities across all major platforms
- Leverage an arsenal of monitoring tools to measure reach, gauge sentiment and identify best practices
- Report metrics and insights regularly to management and other company stakeholders
- Develop newsletter, contest and other online promotional strategies to achieve audience growth across the Engadget portfolio of franchises including events, video, apps, our award-winning Distro tablet magazine and more
- 3+ years of experience in social media management, community management and/or equivalent experience in a marketing or audience development role
- Top-notch communication skills and experience writing for the web; familiarity with addressing a tech-savvy audience is ideal
- Flexible, adaptive thinker who can quickly get up to speed on new ideas, fill in the gaps and execute
- Aptitude, intelligence, creativity, temperament and drive
- Excellent time management skills, self-motivation and ability to engage in Extreme Multi-tasking
- Proven track record of building audience at other media brands
- Must have a deep and abiding love for both people and numbers
- Must know the personal tech space extremely well
- Familiarity with online publishing and media is a must; familiarity and fandom of the Engadget brand is a huge plus
- Experience working in a virtual office environment and avid adoption of new web-based tools is a huge plus
How to apply
Tell us how you'd help build Engadget's social audience and community, and why you're the right voice for the job. How have you helped media brands grow in the past? What are some of your favorite tools you can't wait to employ in the service of audience development? Do you love metrics? How much do you love metrics?
Send the above, along with your resume or LinkedIn profile, to social AT engadget DOT com. Unfortunately the sheer volume of applications typically makes it difficult to respond to everyone. If we're interested we'll get in touch, and thanks in advance!
P.S. We're also hiring writers and editors if that's your thing!