It's easy to lose perspective on such things living in a city like New York, but people do indeed still have landlines at home. And really, in a world so dominated by the smartphone, why not get one that sort of splits the difference between the two? Granted, the Panasonic KX-PRX120 has the kind of specs that would make us shake our collective heads were it positioned as a standard handset, but as far as cordless phones go, it's, well, certainly more exciting than what most people having sitting on their kitchen counters. The phone has a 3.5-inch TFT touchscreen display, a microSD slot, a WIFI / Bluetooth interface and an optional answering machine. The device runs Android 4.0 and gives you access to the Google Play store, so you can use it to Skype with help from its front-facing camera. The KX-PRX120 should run around £169 ($259).
Panasonic Expands its Digital Phone Range with New Touch Panel Models
Panasonic, the worldwide number one brand of cordless telephones for 10 consecutive years*, has today announced a new product in its premium range of Digital Cordless Phones (DECT): KX-PRX120, which has a smartphone style handset. Exclusive in Design, Smart in Function
The KX-PRX120 digital cordless phone will run on the Android™ operating system allowing users to enjoy various options for communicating in addition to conventional voice communication via the landline. The Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich offers an advanced telephone experience at home.
In addition to the DECT interface, there is a Wi-Fi® / Bluetooth® interface on the handset. The KX-PRX120 is available with an answering machine and has been designed to be lightweight, compact and easy to carry. One can receive incoming landline calls in and around the house as far as the DECT signal will reach. The comfortable size of the touch screen also enables a more intuitive and comfortable operation of the device.
Access to Google Play™ with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
The KX-PRX platform is based on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich and supports Google Play which enables users to download their favourite applications, access their social networks, or share a photo album with family and friends.
Panasonic's new KX-PRX120 can be used as a video phone thanks to the built-in front camera enabling users to enjoy video communication by Skype™. In addition to voice communication, users can enjoy other types of communication –such as E-mail, SNS, video, or schedule sharing (Google Calendar™).
Packed with Features
Don't be fooled by the small, slim, yet stylish design, the KX-PRX120 is packed with a host of innovative features that make managing calls easier than ever, including:
· 3.5 inch TFT colour LCD (HVGA) with capacitive multi touch screen
· Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
· 0.3M pixel Front Camera
· 1450mAh Li-ion Battery
· microSD / microSDHC Card Slot on Handset
· micro USB Charging Port
· Incoming/Outgoing Call Barring to help minimise unwanted or nuisance calls
· Caller ID, Caller ID memory
· Answering Machine (For KX-PRX120, 40min)
· Key Finder accessory (Optional)
· Up to 6 handsets (Optional handset or GAP supported DECT handset) can be registered
Trademarks and registered trademarks
· Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
· Skype is a trade mark of Skype.
· The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by
· Panasonic Corporation is under license.
· Wi-Fi® is a registered mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
· All other trademarks identified herein are the property of their respective owner.