It's been less than a week since Spotify showed the world its new Browse feature, and now Rdio wants in on that action. The vowel-skipping music streaming service is revamping its Stations offering, starting with a player redesign, which includes voting on songs and station fine tuning and pivoting. Users can also create 10 types of different stations, starting with an artist, song or one of the service's 400 or so sub-genre selections. You FM, meanwhile, utilizes Facebook likes, Twitter follows, listening history and track votes to curate a customized listening experience. You can also build stations based on your friends' listening habit. The above offerings are available now on iOS, Android and in the browser.
Find Your Frequency: Stations on Rdio
We're thrilled to reveal the new and improved Stations today. We've made stations smarter and custom-tailored to you, creating an effortless listening experience that highlights the best of Rdio: elegant design and social discovery.
Starting today, we're giving our refreshed stations feature the top billing it deserves. In the left-hand navigation, click Stations to find new station types like popular genre stations and You FM - a station comprised of artists and songs inspired by your taste in music.
WHAT YOU'LL FIND IN STATIONS
- Radio you'll never tire of - Choose from 10 different station types to create an endless list of favorite stations, each drawing on our catalog of over 20 million songs. Start a station by typing in any artist or song in the search bar, or select one of almost 400 sub-genre stations. No matter what your mood or taste in music, we have a station that's just right for you.
- Stunning new player - Vote on individual songs, tune stations towards familiar or adventurous sounds, and pivot stations based on favorite tracks, all inside a dynamic station player design that features album art like they're meant to be seen.
- You FM - A brand new, personalized, adjustable station that incorporates all your listening history, track voting, Facebook likes, Twitter follows, and more to create a truly unique and individualized listening experience. As your tastes grow and evolve, so does You FM.
- Stations front and center - A simple, elegant user interface for browsing various station types, creating new stations, and revisiting favorite stations.
- Social discovery - Easily play stations based on your friends' aggregated listening history (Heavy Rotation Station) or tuning into a specific friend's or influencer's You FM by clicking People. It's like flipping on the car radio and knowing every DJ.
Rdio has always been about delivering the music you want on any device, but now, we've created new tools for you to kick back and discover an endless stream of songs catered to you. Take stations for a spin on Android, iOS, and Web now.