If you're in one of the European Xbox One launch countries, Microsoft has just announced a couple of enticing bundles at GDC 2013. First off, Xbox and Activition/Infinity Ward are tag-teaming for a Call of Duty:Ghosts bundle for the new console that'll include exclusive "special bonus content" (no pricing is available yet). Another bundle includes FIFA 14, which will be given to pre-order customers for free, including those who've pre-paid "until now and from today." Redmond added that it'll keep the latter offer "while stocks last," but also mentioned that it would be a digital version. So, we hope they don't run out of... electrons, or something.
XBOX PREMIERES FIFA 14 ULTIMATE TEAM LEGENDS AND UNVEILS SELF-PUBLISHING PROGRAM AT GAMESCOM
Microsoft announces Fable Legends and European launch bundles alongside Xbox One launch lineup, including new gameplay for highly anticipated blockbusters like Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct
Today at gamescom, the world's biggest gaming show in Cologne, Germany, Microsoft announces new content for EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 only on Xbox, unveils a new map and multiplayer mode for Call of Duty®: Ghosts and new details on the Independent Developers @ Xbox program (ID@Xbox), which enables game developers of all shapes and sizes to build, publish and sell their games digitally on Xbox One. In addition, Microsoft unveils the full launch lineup for Xbox One and offers hands-on with a slew of hotly anticipated blockbusters, including Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Kinect Sports Rivals and Killer Instinct.
The Biggest Blockbusters are Better on Xbox One
Xbox announces today that legendary footballers will be playable in FIFA 14 Ultimate Team only on Xbox. This season, fans will be able to craft their FIFA 14 Ultimate Team with a mix of legendary players playing alongside today's football stars on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Joining Xbox and EA SPORTS Senior Vice President and General Manager Matt Bilbey on stage to make the announcements, superstars Freddie Ljungberg and Ruud Gullit were confirmed as two of the first Legends to join FIFA 14 Ultimate Team. Throughout the season, additional Legends will be introduced to FIFA 14 Ultimate Team.
In addition, the award-winning team from Infinity Ward unveils a new multiplayer mode, Blitz, for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Tune in to Xbox Live this Wednesday, Aug. 21 at 11:00 AM PDT (18:00 GMT) for a deep dive into the game's multiplayer, along with interviews, news and more. And don't forget, gamers will get all downloadable content for Call of Duty: Ghosts first on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
In partnership with Ubisoft, Xbox announced that Tom Clancy's The Division, will also bring exclusive content to Xbox One. Specifically designed by the Ubisoft teams to deliver a truly next-generation experience, The Division is a gripping open world game that sees a classified unit of tactical agents fighting an epic conspiracy and combating the effects of a devastating man-made virus which sweeps through New York City. Powered by Ubisoft's new game engine Snowdrop™, tailor-made for next-gen consoles, The Division achieves an entirely new level of gameplay quality.
Xbox Reveals Bundles for FIFA 14 and Call of Duty: Ghosts
Xbox also announces that all pre-order Xbox One consoles in launch countries in Europe this holiday will include a digital version of a blockbuster game and the first of these bundles will be the best-selling sports franchise FIFA 14 (available while stocks last). All pre-orders to date and pre-orders from today will include FIFA 14, while stocks last.
To make the launch of Xbox One even more exciting, Xbox is also teaming up with Activision and Infinity Ward to create an exclusive Call of Duty: Ghosts bundle across various European markets when the game is released in November. The bundle will also include special bonus content, exclusive to Xbox One.
Xbox One is the Best Place for Games, From AAA to Indies
Microsoft's Independent Developers @ Xbox (ID@Xbox) program will make Xbox One home to the best and broadest selection of games, with an ever-expanding portfolio of innovative titles.
Xbox is committed to helping independent developers bring great new games to Xbox One, where every game will be easy to find in the new Xbox One Store – whether it's the biggest blockbuster from a team of hundreds or a creative new title from an individual.
New features for Xbox One will bring games to the forefront, no matter who they are developed by:
· Trending will show what your friends and the community are playing
· Recommendations will highlight new games you may like, based on what you like to play
· Spotlight will showcase Editor Picks for great games across the entire store
· With Game DVR and Upload, gamers can instantly capture their favorite moments and edit and share them with their friends around the world
· Achievements and Challenges enable developers and the community to create special events out of games
The ID@Xbox program will offer game developers the same great benefits that existing Xbox developers have today, including the full power of the console, cloud services, Kinect and the Xbox Live toolset such as Xbox SmartGlass, multiplayer, Achievements, Gamerscore and more. A global support team, forums and local events will provide education and assistance to foster creativity and help developers with getting their games published on Xbox One quickly and easily.
Applications for the first phase of the Independent Developers @ Xbox program are accepted starting today. For more information on ID@Xbox and how to apply, visit: www.xbox.com/id.
Xbox One Announces Fable Legends and Cobalt as well as Blockbuster Launch Lineup
Microsoft Studios debuts a brand-new exclusive for Xbox One: Fable Legends from Lionhead Studios. With the next-generation capabilities of Xbox One, Fable Legends brings you back to Albion like never before. For the first time, up to four heroes can cooperatively play and explore, or even play the villain and mastermind the entire game in real time.
Also coming to Xbox One is award-winning Mojang's highly anticipated Cobalt, an action-packed platform shooter, which features a multiplayer mode with up to eight players that lets you punch rockets and deflect bullets to win the day.
In addition, Microsoft unveils the full list of Xbox One launch titles, which includes the industry's biggest blockbusters and most highly-anticipated exclusives. On launch day, fans will be able to enjoy titles from a diverse range of global developers and renowned studios. Xbox One launch titles include:
· Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
· Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
· Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
· Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
· Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
· FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
· Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
· Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
· Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
· Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
· LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
· Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
· Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
· NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
· NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
· Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
· Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
· Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
· Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
· Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
· Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
· Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
· Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Follow the Saga
Nov 9th 2013 2:43AM
Oct 30th 2013 9:47PM
Oct 18th 2013 10:29PM
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22