Let's be honest -- with certain exceptions, most portable scanners aren't very exciting. Brother's new ImageCenter ADS-1500W promises to liven things up, however. The WiFi-equipped reader lets users send any documents directly to cloud services like Evernote, Facebook and Flickr; if you want to share receipts with social networks, you can. Would-be archivists can transfer files to email and FTP servers, too. The 18 ppm scanner ships this month for $299, and it should be accompanied by a lower-end (though currently specification-free) ADS-1000W model at $249.
Brother™ Introduces New Line Of Compact, Multi-Page Scanners That Bridge The Gap Between Workgroup And Portable Scanners
The Flagship ImageCenter™ ADS-1500W Helps Users Maximize Productivity and Organization with 20-page Auto Document Feeder, Wireless and Web Connectivity, Comprehensive Software Suite, and Scan Speeds up to 18ppm
BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brother International Corporation, a leader in business technology, today announced the launch of the ImageCenter™ ADS-1500W, the flagship model in their new series of compact scanners for small office/home office (SOHO) and small business users. With the introduction of this series of compact desktop scanners, Brother now offers a complete lineup of scanners including newly redesigned mobile scanner models and an award-winning1 series of workgroup scanners.
Brother created the ADS-1500W to be a tremendous value for business customers, combining the economical price point and size of mobile scanners with a variety of advanced functions typically reserved for more costly desktop workgroup scanners. The ADS-1500W has a compact footprint of only 11.2" wide and 4.1" deep, but is packed with advanced scanning features including simplex/duplex color scan speeds of up to 18 ppm2, a 20-sheet capacity auto document feeder, and web connectivity3. Plus, the ADS-1500W is compatible with Windows®, Mac® and Linux® operating systems, so it can be used in almost any small business, workgroup or home office environment.
The ADS-1500W can connect to a wireless network and the 2.7" color TouchScreen display lets users scan directly to popular cloud services including FACEBOOK™, PICASA WEB ALBUMS™, FLICKR™, GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE®, BOX and SKYDRIVE.3 Users can access a variety of scan-to destinations such FTP, network, e-mail server, USB flash drive4 as well as scan directly to compatible mobile devices using the Brother iPrint&Scan app.5
To address the ever-growing need for scanning, digitizing and sharing documents, the ADS-1500W includes a complete suite of scanning software including PDF conversion software, a desktop document manager, as well as business card management programs. The ADS-1500W also includes new BR-Receipts software6 that enables users to scan receipts and then export receipt data to Microsoft Excel®, Quickbooks® software or Quicken® software. Additionally, the ADS-1500W features advanced scanning options such as image optimization with automatic deskew, blank page removal, auto image rotation and background removal to help save scanning time and maximize productivity.
Reinforcing the Brother "at your side" philosophy, the ADS-1500W comes with a one-year limited warranty along with free phone support for the life of the product.
"With the introduction of the ADS-1500W, Brother demonstrates its firm commitment to the scanner market, creating a complete lineup of products that help bolster productivity, easily integrate with leading operating systems and business software, and provide outstanding value for home, SOHO, and workgroup scanner users," said Steve Feldstein, Director of Marketing for Brother Laser and Scanner products. "Our new compact scanners truly deliver the best of both the mobile and desktop scanner categories, furthering our position as an industry leader in the scanner market."
In addition to the flagship model ADS-1500W ($299),7 Brother will be also introducing the ADS-1000W ($249).7 Both are scheduled for an October 2013 release.
For more information on the ADS-1500W or ADS-1000W, or to find a retailer, please visit www.brother.com.
Brother™ ImageCenter™ ADS-1500W Compact Scanner
Estimated Street Price: $299 7
* 20-sheet capacity auto document feeder
* Hi-speed USB 2.0 interface, wireless 802.11 b/g/n interfaces
* High-precision scanning up to 600 dpi optical resolution; up to 1200 dpi interpolated resolution
* 2.7" color TouchScreen display
* Duplex scanning with speeds up to 18 ppm2, color and monochrome
* Windows®, Mac® and Linux® compatible
* Expanded scan-to options including PC (file, image, e-mail, OCR), FTP, network, e-mail server, USB flash drive4, and mobile devices via Brother iPrint&Scan app5
* Image optimization features including auto deskew, blank page removal, auto image rotation and background removal
* Scans variety of media including photos, business cards, other documents up to 34" long, plus embossed plastic cards through the rear card slot
* Includes Nuance™ Paper Port™ 12 SE and Nuance™ PDF Converter Professional 8 for Windows®
* Includes Presto!® Page Manager® 9 for Mac® and Presto® BizCard® 6 for Windows® and Mac®
* Includes Brother™ Control Center and BR-Receipts for Windows® and Mac®
* Web connectivity to FACEBOOK™, PICASA WEB ALBUMS™, FLICKR™, GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE®, BOX and SKYDRIVE directly from the scanner display3
* 1 year limited warranty; free phone support for the life of the product
* Easy setup to scan documents with TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS and SANE8 drivers
* Footprint size of 11.2" wide x 4.1" deep