Over 64% of compatible devices are already running iOS 7, according to Apple, making it by far the company's most successful mobile operating system. In all, iOS 7 was downloaded over 200 million times in the first five days after it was released.
Apple also reported paying developers over $13 billion to date, thanks to the over 1 million apps available in the App Store, which have hit over 60 billion cumulative downloads. (Apple still has the edge over Android; there are about 900,000 apps available in the Google Play store.)
Some other notable milestones:
- More than 20 million people have checked out iTunes Radio, listening to over a billion songs -- in the U.S. alone.
- Over 9 million iPhones were sold in one weekend after the 5c and 5s launched, making it the biggest iPhone launch in history.
- 170 million iPads have been sold to-date.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16
Apple iPhone 6
Apple iOS 7