Once again proving the Halo adage "Spartans Never Die," the twin-stick top-down shooter Halo: Spartan Assault lives on with ports to Xbox One and Xbox 360. Both will arrive "this December," having first launched on Window 8 and Window Phone devices earlier this year.
Halo: Spartan Assault was the first Halo video game to launch on mobile and PC ahead of an Xbox platform, and it was developed in-house at Microsoft's 343 Industries (aka "the Halo studio"). It may also be the last Halo game launched on Xbox 360; Halo's next-gen iteration is planned for Xbox One and touts a 60FPS lock, which the 360 can't compete with. The debut trailer is just below the break.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One