That's right, folks: the man behind sci-fi classics like Alien and Blade Runner, Ridley Scott, is executive producing a Halo-based "digital feature" (read: short film) for release "later this year." The project is headed by Microsoft's in-house Halo studio, 343 Industries, and Scott Free Productions -- Sergio Mimica-Gezzan was tapped for directing duties.
This is a pretty different project from the other Halo show in the works; that one's helmed by Steven Spielberg and is live action, whereas this sounds more like the digital Halo work we've seen in the past. Color us seriously surprised if this doesn't arrive alongside the release of a new Halo game; one of those is even planned for 2014! How about that!
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Microsoft Xbox One