Welcome to the Joystiq Weekly wrap-up where we present some of the best stories and biggest gaming news from our sister-publication.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall is getting a co-op wave-based survival mode this year, and it's free for season pass holders.
- One man is on a mission to recreate Electronic Arts' failed attempt at an open-world Jurassic Park game, Trespasser, with modern tools and it looks pretty incredible.
Despite an unfortunate change to its battle mode, Mario Kart 8 is a solid extra lap on a series with a great foundation. The gravity-shifting sections spliced into existing and new tracks feel like a natural extension of the series rather than a gameplay-changing revelation, but it's a strong complement to an already enjoyable experience. The social features are surprisingly solid and may even outlive the total course selection, but it helps that the new tracks feel as worthy of a revisit as the series' standouts.
- Mario Kart 8 doesn't quite sound like it's the huge leap forward that some were expecting, but Joystiq's Thomas Schulenberg loved the game nonetheless.
That's it for this week folks! Check back next Sunday for another recap, or head over to Joystiq and catch the news as it happens.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 80
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Weight 6.17 lb
- Released 2013-11-15
Nintendo Wii U