As our lives become saturated with digital devices, it's often refreshing to saunter over to the vintage side of things for a moment. Marshall paid tribute to its '60s guitar amp origins when it released its 50th anniversary edition Hanwell speaker and one lucky Engadget reader will now get to lay the cornerstone of their own Marshall stack. The company has served as a backdrop to rock and roll gigs for decades and the Hanwell aims to deliver a bit of that stadium sound in a living room-sized package. The speaker has separate knobs at the top for volume, bass and treble -- although they only go up to 10 -- and power is controlled with a simple on/off toggle switch. There's no Bluetooth on this baby; its only audio connector is a double-ended 3.5mm coil cord. But there's 100 watts of power ready to pump up the jams and ruin your neighbor's evening. All you need to do is head to the Rafflecopter widget below for up to three chances at winning this killer boom box. If you're a night owl surrounded by light sleepers, though, you could opt for some Marshall headphones to complete the package.
Winner: congratulations to Chris C., New Orleans, LA.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Marshall Hanwell speaker.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email or Facebook login. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Marshall, Marshall Headphones and Engadget / AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until June 11th at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!