Aight everybody, it's October, which is known around here at the office as Halloween-month. More specifically, the month where we solicit you, our dear, faithful readers, to dress up like the consumer electronics devices, mascots, etc. of your choosing, for which we'll reward you with all manner of prizes. Yep, it's our second annual Engadget Halloween costume contest, and we want to see your best gadgety Halloween costumes. Here's what we've got to give:
First place gets a VidaBox SLIM Windows Media Center PC (MSRP $2,200), courtesy of VidaBox.
- AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor
- 1GB of DDR-400 RAM
- 500GB of VidaSafeT protected storage
- VGA, component, and S-Video outputs
- TV/FM Tuners: Dual ISF certified Analog TV Tuners w/ coaxial or
- S-Video/RCA-audio in; FM antenna(s) included
- Dual-layer DVD burner
- Dual TV tuners w/ coaxial, S-Video, and RCA-audio
- Wireless keyboard, Media Center remote
- 7-in-1 card reader / AV cable set
- Your choice of silver or black.
Third place gets an HP Photosmart E317
Three runners up get a PowerSquid black Surge3000
You get points for creativity, complexity, and, to a certain extent, obscurity (translation: unless you're planning on making the most amazing iPod costume the world has ever seen, like these guys', then try something different!). Need a little inspiration? Check out last year's winners.
Here are the rules:
- You may enter other Engadget contests, and...
- You may enter this contest as many times as you like; however, you can only win once. Be prepared prove all these costumes you're submitting are really your creations.
- No, you can't send us your costume from last year! This kind of goes without saying, but you know.
- You can only win once. (If you win and then try to go for a second prize during our relaunch giveaways, you'll be automatically disqualified, etc.)
- This contest is open to the US only -- sorry, VidaBox's rules!
- We have a Samsung HL-S5679W DLP with LED backlight!
- Get yourself a Slingbox AV!
- Here's a second Xbox 360 Premium pack
- The final Nikon S7c digital camera!
- Fourth shot at a Zune