Here's today's line up of prizes:
- Wii + 10,000 Wii points (courtesy of the WMExperts store)
- Samsung K5
- Xbox 360 for Windows Controller + copy of Lego Star Wars II
- A pair of Oakley O ROKR sunglasses
- Mystery swag bag #1
Create an Engadget screensaver. It can be whatever you want, just as long as it's Engadget-themed in some way. To make things easier we've included downloadable Engadget logo files after the break. Feel free to use those in your screensaver, or to incorporate our RSS feed, podcasts, whatever you think works. (We'll give you some more info about our feeds and tags after the break, too.) Please be picky with anything that uses RSS though -- try and do something interesting and original with those feeds if you're gonna use 'em -- there are already tons of feed-reading screensavers out there. We'll pick the five best Engadget screensavers as judged by the editors of Engadget and award out prizes in order of merit. Oh, and we'll be adding all the winning screensavers to the Engadget software page, too.
Also, big ups to the WMExperts store for providing the Wii and 10,000 Wii points to the grand prize winner!
A few rules (yeah, there are always rules):
- You may only enter this specific contest once. If you enter this contest more than once you'll be automatically disqualified and barred from all future giveaways. (Yes, we have robots that thoroughly check to ensure fairness.) You may enter our other Birthday contests, but you can't win more than once; if you happen to win more than once (which is pretty unlikely, but still) we'll ask you to choose just one of your prizes.
- Your screensaver can be for Windows, OS X, or Linux only. (We obviously love other platforms -- especially mobile ones -- but we have to draw the line somewhere.)
- You can only win once.
- The grand prize (Wii) is open to international entrants. Runner-up prizes, however, are only open to US residents.
- Contest is open until 11:59pm EST on Sunday, March 18th.
- Send your entries to us at contest [AT] engadget.com. Make sure you put "SCREENSAVER" in the title of your email.
Feeds, tags, and comments info:
First up, our complete list of feeds, broken out by category, is here.
So, last year we added tags (and tag feeds) to our posts. So if you want to check out all the posts we've done on, say, Sony, just add Sony at the end of engadget.com/tag/ -- i.e. http://www.engadget.com/tag/sony/.
If you'd like to use the Sony tag feed, just add an rss.xml to the end of that URL -- i.e. http://www.engadget.com/tag/sony/rss.xml.
You can also subscribe to feeds for comments on individual posts. Just add comments.xml to the end of the post (i.e. http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/18/welcome-to-the-new-engadget/comments.xml).
And here are those images:
[PNG] [GIF] [EPS]
[PNG] [GIF] [EPS]