"The Apple TV seems like a pretty good choice for my living room now that HD content is available and boxee can be added on. Still, I'd be buying into a mostly proprietary ecosystem, so I'm curious if it's really the best choice for a movie set-top-box / home media server. Do your readers have any suggestions one way or the other? Is it really the best, or are there better alternatives that do most of the same tasks?"
Give it some thought and chime in below. Don't worry, we won't call you a fanboy -- promise.
Got a burning question that you'd love to toss out for Engadget HD (or its readers) to take a look at? Tired of Google's blank stares when you ask for real-world experiences? Hit us up at ask at engadgethd dawt com and keep an eye on this space -- your inquiry could be next.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16